- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Olivetti S1 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Magna 245 XL|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||JFIX/Olivetti Pinpoint Advanced|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard Type A2|
Clan Jade Falcon designed the Eyrie to parallel the Cougar, only with slightly less firepower in favor of a more well-rounded combat performance. It was first used in battle on the Lyran world of Zhongshan in 3087. Since then it has been deployed throughout the Clan's Clusters as light 'Mech hunters and fast support. Its distinctive wings, common with later Jade Falcon designs, allow the Eyrie to dissipate heat almost as fast as it gains it. In addition, the Partial Wing adds approximately sixty meters to the Eyrie's 150 meter range.
Weapons and Equipment
Sporting two Type 3 Series ATM 3s plus two Series 6a ER Medium Lasers and four General Systems Micro Pulse Lasers, allowing the Eyrie good mobility and armor, as well as great up-close firepower for its size and a minimized ammunition dependence. The Eyrie also includes talons in its legs, allowing it to rip important armor pieces apart while performing Death from Above maneuvers.
There are no known variations of the Eyrie.
The Eyrie is subject to the following Design Quirk:
MechWarrior: Dark Age version of the Eyrie
- MUL online date for the Eyrie
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 35
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 443
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 34