Federated Suns-Chesterton Trade League Conflict
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Federated Suns-Chesterton Trade League Conflict|
|Part of Age of War|
Chesterton Trade Federation
|Commanders and leaders|
|President Lucien Davion|
Brief History of the Conflict
The Muskegon Empire had broken apart when the 7-world nation announced it was joining the Federated Suns. While the world of Muskegon joined the Federated Suns almost flawlessly, the worlds of Emerson and Beten Kaitos chose to join the Chesterton Trade Federation. Those worlds had been ruled by the iron hand of the Achmeed family, and wanted nothing to do with their deal with the Davions. The Federated Suns demanded that Emerson and Beten Katos follow its leading world and join the FS. The two worlds ignored the Crucis Pact conference agreement.
Federated Suns troops were soon marching over both worlds. Which lead to the newly-formed Federated Sun's first interstellar conflict. The Tikonov Grand Union sided with Chesterton reinforcing them. Chesterton's forces easily rolled over the Federation Suns troops that went to occupy those worlds.
Due to President Lucien Davion poor military leadership & coordination, the conflict ended with Chesterton claiming both worlds after they changed hands several times in the course of the four year war.
Muskegon's multi-national name is never fully given. There are references of being called the Muskegon Empire, and other times referring to it as Muskegon's Coalition. However, 'Empire' appears in both Sourcebooks for the FedSun's history.
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 19 - "planet name misspelled in text of book, but not in Map".
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 19 - "Muskegon and Chesterton article, 2nd paragraph" - Split in party of the in the Muskeogon, main body of the coalition joins fed suns, but two worlds do not.
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. ?? - "A DREAM FULFILLED & MUSKEGON sections" - Rise and fall of Muskegon and its ruling family.