|Fensalir Combat WiGE|
|Manufacturer||Nashan Diversified, |
WC Site 4
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||Johnston Duraweave 8000 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Hermes 260 XL|
|Communications System||Nashan Optichat|
|Targeting Tracking System||T-800 Series 5|
|Heat Sinks||10 single|
The Fensalir Combat WiGE was an attack craft which was built as a joint effort between Johnston Industries and House Steiner based manufacturer Nashan Diversified. The Fensalir was first produced at Nashan's plant on Furillo in 3084, while Johnston - still rebuilding its own manufacturing facilities - shipped components to assemble the WiGEs.
When it was first produced, the vehicle initially entered service with the newly-renamed Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces and later being copied by Clan Wolf-in-Exile for their own use.
Weapons and Equipment
The Fensalir's main weapon is its Defiance Hammerfist Heavy Gauss Rifle, which has been allotted three tons of ammunition. The vehicle's other weapons include a pair of nose-mounted Extended Range Medium Lasers and two 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers. The vehicle has two tons of missile ammunition located in the main body.
The Fensalir at the time was the largest Combat WiGE of its kind. It boasted 11.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor to protect its hull. The vehicle features an Infantry Transport Bay to allow it to deliver up to 4 tons of troops to a hot zone.
- Originally known as the A88 by Inner Sphere intelligence organizations developed in 3084, this vehicle turns out to be Clan Wolf-in-Exile's copy of the Fensalir. This Fensalir is a Mix-Tech variant which uses both Inner Sphere chassis components and Clan weaponry. The main weapon is swapped out for a Class 30 Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle. The secondary weaponry is changed out for a pair of ATM 9 launchers and the Clan version of the ER Medium Lasers. The vehicle's infantry bay is reconfigured to handle a point's worth of Battle Armor. BV(2.0)=2,356
- Introduced also in 3084 and based on the Nashan's original 50 ton infantry version of the WiGE, this version of the Fensalir revisits those features. The Infantry version allows for expansion of the Infantry bay to handle a platoon's worth of Battle Armor. To allow for the expanded troop capacity, the designers drop the MMLs and its ammo bays. The vehicle has been given three Machine Guns which are mounted in the nose and the two sides of the vehicle. With the addition of a half ton of armor, the vehicle's ammunition bay is enhanced with CASE. BV(2.0)= 1,379
- Fensalir (3132)
- This version was inspired by the Schildkröte. It trades away missile and infantry capabilities for an Armored Motive System.
- Fensalir (3137)
- This version is equipped with the Schildkröte's weaponry and adds Vehicular Jump Jets.
- Fensalir (Stealth)
- This version is protected by Vehicular Stealth Armor and carries an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle. It lacks the upgrades of the 3132 and 3137 versions.
- A lance of this variant was developed by a group of pro-Lyran separatists, led by Fritz Müller, who attacked major production facilities on former Skye worlds within the Republic of the Sphere beginning in 3084. It's protected by eleven and a half tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor, while its main striking power comes from a forward-mounted Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle and a single SRM-6. A Small Pulse Laser covers the rear arc of the vehicle, and two Sponson Turrets each contain a pair of Machine Guns. The Machine Guns and SRM have a ton of ammunition available, while the Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle has a standard three ton ammo bay. An XXL engine is used to maintain the standard Fensalir's speed. The four--ton infantry bay has been replaced by a ten ton cargo bay. BV (2.0) = 1,513
The Fensalir (XXL) variant is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 44-45, "Fensalir Combat WiGE"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 MUL online date for the Fensalir
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 MUL online date for the Fensalir Combat WiGE (HAG) variant
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 MUL online date for the Fensalir Combat WiGE (Infantry) variant
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 3150, p. 222, "New Tech, New Upgrades - Vehicles"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 MUL online date for the Fensalir Combat WiGE (XXL) variant
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 12, "Fensalis Combat WiGE (XXL)"
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 25, "Records Sheet"