Created by the Scientist caste of Clan Snow Raven in 3070, Ferro-Lamellor armor is based on the Ferro-Carbide armor used in the Raven's WarShips. Scaled down for use on 'Mechs, AeroSpace Fighters, and tanks, the experimental Ferro-Lamellor armor offers improved protection, beyond even that of the ferro-fibrous armor family.
Though it only offers 88% coverage compared to standard armor , Ferro-Lamellor has a unique property: It reduces the damage of weapon strikes by 20%. In addition, the armor will reinforce the structure of the unit mounting it, making it impervious to the armor piercing effects of Armor-Piercing autocannon ammunition, Tandem-Charge Warheads, and BattleMech Tasers.
Ferro-Lamellor Armor is manufactured on the following planets:
|Compound LZ-7||Mitchella||Snow Raven Industrial Complex Beta||Carrion Crow|||
|Compound LZ-7||Ramora||Raveena Electronics||White Raven|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 279
- Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment, p. 91
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Advanced Armor Table shows it gives 14 points per ton.
- Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment, p. 92, Advanced Armor Table shows it gives 14 points per ton.
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Reduces damage by 1 point for every five points (or fraction of 5 points) delivered, to a minimum of 0.
- Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment, p. 92
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Says these weapons will act as standard autocannon/missiles, and Tasers inflict only 1 point of damage.
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 12, p. 4
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 12, p. 10