- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
Created by the Scientist caste of Clan Snow Raven in 3070, Ferro-Lamellor armor is based on the Ferro-Carbide armor used in the Raven's WarShips. Scaled down for use on 'Mechs, AeroSpace Fighters, and tanks, the experimental Ferro-Lamellor armor offers improved protection, beyond even that of the Ferro-Fibrous armor family.
Though it only offers 88% coverage compared to standard armor , Ferro-Lamellor has a unique property: It reduces the damage of weapon strikes by 20%. In addition, the armor will reinforce the structure of the unit mounting it, making it impervious to the armor piercing effects of Armor-Piercing autocannon ammunition, Tandem-Charge Warheads, and BattleMech Tasers.
The armor reduces 1 point of damage for every 5 points of damage to a minimum of 0 points per hit. Damage reduced to 0 will not affect the pilot or deliver a penetrating or floating critical hit. However weapons can affect the motive systems of some vehicles. In addition Ferro-Lamellor negates the effects of armor-piercing ammunition. For construction for every one ton allocated 14 points of armor are given, 7 for a half ton.
- Tactical Operations, p. 279
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Advanced Armor Table shows it gives 14 points per ton.
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Reduces damage by 1 point for every five points (or fraction of 5 points) delivered, to a minimum of 0.
- Tactical Operations, p. 280, Says these weapons will act as standard autocannon/missiles, and Tasers inflict only 1 point of damage.