- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
Field Guns are vehicular-scale ballistic weapons, such as autocannons and gauss rifles, which are towed into battle by motorized or mechanized conventional infantry. These weapons greatly increase the firepower of conventional infantry, however their exposed nature leaves them more vulnerable to enemy fire.
Gauss field guns are immune to weapon explosion effects; Ultra and Rotary field guns are immune to jamming. LB-X field guns may only use cluster ammunition, while Heavy or Hyper-Assault gauss rifles may not be taken as field guns. Hover-based mechanized infantry may not be equipped with field guns.
- Tactical Operations, p. 311