Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Field Report 2765: LCAF|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
|Primary writing|| Ken Horner (Primary Writer) |
Øystein Tvedten (Strategic Assistance)
David Kepler (Maps)
Kara Hamilton (Layout)
|Cover artwork||Ray Arrastia (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Øystein Tvedten (Map)
Matt Plog (WarShips)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||June 27th, 2014|
|Series||Field Report 2765 PDFs|
|Preceded by||Field Report 2765: FWLM|
|Followed by||Field Report 2765: Periphery|
Field Report 2765: LCAF is the fifth of a series of PDF-exclusive sourcebooks used to highlight various military powers of the Inner Sphere on the eve of the Star League Civil War. Field Report 2765: LCAF details the state of the military for the Lyran Commonwealth as of 2765 and is presented as an in-universe overview provided to the Star League Defense Force Commanding General, Aleksandr Kerensky, from General Aaron DeChavilier; further detail puts the report in the context of a SLDF intelligence document reissued as a briefing note and intelligence document in the late thirty-first century for the units of the Republic Armed Forces, the military of the newly-formed Republic of the Sphere.
Field Report 2765: LCAF closely follows the format of Field Report: LAAF but with one new WarShip design also included along with record sheets for each of its variants. The report is part of series of era specific source books of late Star League Era, these include; Historical: Liberation of Terra (Vol 1, and 2), Era Report: 2750, and Field Manual: SLDF.
|“|| Gathering Forces...
In 2765, the Star League Defense Force was the greatest military ever assembled, unparalleled in numbers and technological prowess—but it was not alone. The House Lords and the rules of the Territorial States in the Periphery each amassed armies of their own. While none of these powers alone could challenge the sheer size and might of the SLDF, each stood ready to defend their own interests against the avarice of their neighbors.
2765 Field Report: LCAF describes the state of House Steiner’s Lyran Commonwealth just before the events described in Historical: Liberation of Terra (Part 1), including the overall military and logistical condition of one of the Great Houses that would eventually survive the collapse of the Star League and face a new age of endless war.
Table of Contents
- How To Use This Book
- Commonwealth Overview
- Strategic Update
- Goals of the State
- Logistical Status
- Academies and Command Centers
- Infrastructural Integrity
- Arcturan Guards
- Donegal Guards
- Hesperus Guards
- Lyran Guards
- Lyran Regulars
- Odessa Regulars
- Royal Guards
- Skye Rangers
- York Regulars
- 2765 LCAF Rules Annex
- Random Assignment Tables
- Commonwealth (Light Cruiser)
- Lyran Commonwealth Deployment Map, 2765
- Record Sheets
- Field Reports 2765 series are noted for lacking table of content found usually previous full sourcebooks but in common with the earlier Field Report series. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
- Missing Section: Iregular Forces is mentioned on page 1, however nothing is mentioned further more regarding Mercenary forces employed 2765 by Lyran Commonwealth.
- It should be noted there have been misnaming with the titles of the Field Report 2765 series, which have been plagued with confusion on the correct spelling of the book. Having their year book the covers being displaced usually behind name of the nation the book is covering. Battlecorp continues mislabel FR2765 books as seen above in Publisher Information section.
- The Military Academy of Somerset is listed as a Lyran school. However, Somerset would belong to the Rim Worlds Republic for another ten years.