Fire Mandrill (species)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
The Fire Mandrill fiercely defend their territory against all intruders. Released from captivity by SLDF scientists after the colonization of Eden began. Probably due to their small size (~100cm long and ~95cm tall), the mandrill typically live in family groups of 15-50. This larger pack of animals provides enough flexibility to face off against the other inhabitants of the equatorial jungles where the mandrills live. Though particularly fierce when defending its territory or young, troops of mandrills typically avoid human settlements.
The fire mandrill earned the respect of Clan warriors for its aggressiveness and loyalty to its pack, and thus became the totem for the newly-formed Clan Fire Mandrill. The fierce rivalry between fire mandrill packs would become a feature of this Clan as well, with aggressive competition and disunity arising between various Fire Mandrill Kindraa.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 137, "Species Profile"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 77, "Clan Fire Mandrill"