- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
| It has been suggested that this article be merged with Flechette Ammo.|
Discuss this on the article's talk page.
Flechette ammunition is a special munition that can be used by standard autocannons. Engineered to be effective against conventional infantry, it is composed of metal fragments delivered in a shotgun-like blast instead of explosive shells. Introduced by the Federated Suns in 3055 to improve the effectiveness of their autocannon, the usage of flechette munitions reinforces the importance of autocannons to that nation.
- TechManual, p. 208, "Autocannon Munitions"
- Total Warfare, p. 141, "Special Muitions - Flechette Ammunition"