- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Flechette Shells are special munitions fired by Long Tom, Sniper and Thumper artillery. Each munition utilizes a proximity fuse which causes it to explode just before impact, spraying the area with lethal flechettes. These metal darts are extremely fatal to conventional infantry at the expense of reduced damage potential against vehicles. Flechette munitions were banned by the Star League prior to its collapse, though they are in common use by the Successor States.
Conventional infantry take extra damage from flechette shells, depending on which artillery model fired the shot. Flechette shells cause no damage to most heavily armored 'Mechs and vehicles, although lightly-armored support vehicles and the motor systems of hover and wheeled vehicles remain vulnerable.
- Tactical Operations, p. 355, "Flechette Artillery"