- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Fletcher nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-67.732 : -209.973[e]|
|Recharge time||182 hours|
- 1 Fletcher
- 2 Fletcher II
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Industrial Centers
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Fletcher system was colonised during the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Federation of Oriente prior to the formation of the Free Worlds League. Fletcher vanished from maps during the Dark Age, indicating that the system had been abandoned or depopulated.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||35°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Reference Year||3067 - 3079|
|Ruler||Count Christof Nials (3067)|
|Population|| 550,000,000 (3067)|
Fletcher II - more commonly known simply as Fletcher - is the second planet in the system and has a single moon named QUarrel. During the thirty-first century Fletcher was home to manufacturing facilities operated by at least two military manufacturers. One of those facilities, an orbital dry-dock, was located at the L1 Lagrange Point above the planet.
Fletcher was settled by colonists eager to exploit the mineral and metal ores located in the many mountain ranges that cover the world. These mountains served not only to provide the raw materials used by factories, but also provided some of the most impressive winter sports venues in the Free Worlds League. The downside to these vast mountain ranges was Fletcher's lack of arable land to grow crops. Only a few "boutique" farms existed, growing their luxury crops in small terraced farms. The population as a whole relied on imported foodstuffs.
The Succession Wars were devastating to Fletcher reducing it's population dramatically not through direct combat, but from emigration. Few enemies could penetrate the vast mountain ranges, and as a result industries on the world have always thrived. During the Clan Invasion the population increased as the factories hired more workers and expanded. Free-Flight, Limited opened a pressurized dry-dock facility in low orbit around Fletcher in the mid-3060's.
The Jihad was devastating to the system, but for a different reason. Instead of military action directly on the planet, holovid broadcasts describing the Word of Blake's actions on the Fletcher system in the Terran Corridor led many to believe that the Oriente system was devastated. The local government undertook a massive public relations campaign to clear up the confusion, but even in 3079 the depressed local economy led many natives to emigrate to other systems to find work.
During the closing years of the Jihad rumors abounded on the planet that the Flame Tech plant was going to close, with the company moving production to their facility on Campbelton due to diminishing levels of demand. In contrast to the Flame Tech facilities, the pressurized orbital dry-dock operated by Free Flight, Ltd went from being a burden on the company to a viable industrial concern during the same period. Free Flight, Ltd had been unable to procure any government contracts for manufacturing WarShips in the years prior to the Jihad, but with so many large shipyards destroyed during the devastating conflict the dry-dock found itself servicing a constant stream of JumpShips that needed repair and maintenance.
- 2270 - Federation of Oriente 
- 2271 - Free Worlds League 
- 2571 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3075 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Free Worlds League 
- 3081 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3085 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
- Count Christof Nials
- First Marik Militia
- First Marik Militia
3067 to 3068
Fletcher has four continents named Bariki, Koro, Lautoko and Norusp.
- Torrance: the planetary capital city, located on Koro; home to the Flame Tech manufacturing facilities during the thirty-first century.
| Closest 48 systems (45 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 65, "Fletcher Planet Profile"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 17, "Fletcher"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 13, "Federation of Oriente world within the Free Worlds League befor  and after at their founding in "
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56, "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War "
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere  Map
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "Free Worlds League Military Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 9, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108
- 20-Year Update, p. 56
- Objective Raids, p. 124, "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 112, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 18
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- First Succession War
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids