- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
The Floatation Hull is a combat vehicle modification that can be used by hovercraft, VTOLs, WiGEs, and conventional fighters. A vehicle equipped with a Floatation Hull can land on water without sinking. This makes it a useful modification for vehicles that spend a lot of time on or over water. The system takes up no real space in the vehicle, but does double the cost of the vehicle.
A Floatation Hull can only be fitted to the vehicles listed earlier. It allows the vehicle to treat water hexes as Clear terrain. A Floatation Hull doesn't take up room in the vehicle or have a weight penalty, but does double the cost. Units that are using their Hull are treated as displacement naval vessels for purposes of line of sight, sinking, and hull breach rules. A vehicle with a Floatation Hull will not sink or be destroyed in a water landing unless armor in a non-turret area is completely destroyed.
- Tactical Operations, p. 302, "Floating Hull"