- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Fortune Wheeled Assault Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Communications System||Johnston Q-Band|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scantrex DualTrac|
The Fortune Wheeled Assault Vehicle is a more expensive upgrade to the Hetzer. Engineers at Defiance Industries designed the Fortune during the run-up to the FedCom Civil War, but production demands forced them to delay putting it into full-scale production until after the war's end in 3067.
A more expensive fusion engine propels the Fortune to a less-than-swift 54 km/h. Crews must rely on cover and overwhelming firepower to destroy enemies before they can breach this combat vehicle's fourteen tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Fortune wields twice the firepower of the Hetzer with two Defiance Disintegrators LB-X Autocannon/20s. It also improves upon the older vehicle by mounting these guns in a turret. Eight tons of ammunition provide ample supply and the ability to use flexibility in munition choices. With the ability to use cluster ammo, the Fortune can damage critical systems to cripple enemy units after using slug ammo to punch through an opponent's armor.
In German products the unit's proper name was altered to Häscher, which is an antiquated expression for Pursuer.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 22-23, "Fortune Wheeled Assault Vehicle"
- MUL online date for the Fortune
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 31
- MUL online date for the Fortune (C3M) variant
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191, "Old Is The New New"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 46
- MUL online date for the Fortune (Thunderbolt) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 32