- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Fredotto nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-171.593 : 561.806[e]|
|Recharge time||206 hours|
- 1 Fredotto
- 2 Fredotto I
The Fredotto system was colonised by expatriates from the Lyran Commonwealth in the 2600s. Fredotto vanished from maps after the Amaris Civil War, a sign that the system had become too insignificant to merit further recording. Fredotto reappeared on maps following the entry of Clan Diamond Shark into the region.
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Rigoletto, Rodolfo, Angeletto)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Tainted (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler||Lord Gerald Markham|
Fredotto I - more commonly known simply as Fredotto - is the innermost world in the system and has three moons. The names of the three moons have changed every one hundred years since the founding of a new planetary government in the twenty-ninth century.
Star League Era
Fredotto was originally settled in the 2600s by expatriates from the Lyran Commonwealth who were looking to escape tyranny. The colonists named the planet after a famous neo-opera performer from twenty-third century Terra and established a simple farming society with a governing structure based upon that of the ancient Etruscans, a pre-industrial people from Terra.
The Fredottons enjoyed a strong trade relationship with the Rim Worlds Republic, and went on to join the Republic in 2670, becoming a part of the Apollo Province. Its citizens were widely respected for the high quality of their small arms and precision machine parts, and enjoyed their reputation as elite gunsmiths within the Republic. The world frequently hosted regiments of the Amaris Dragoons for training and the population had strong ties with the Rim Worlds Army. The RWA established a number of vast bunkers on Fredotto, deep within the Venice Mountains.
After the Amaris Civil War destroyed the Republic, Fredotto's economy collapsed. A series of revolts, revolutions and civil wars rocked the city-states that remained on Italia, the largest continent. By the middle of the twenty-ninth century only three nations remained on Italia. These three came to an agreement where they would share power, with one nation controlling planetary policy for a century, then handing power over to the next nation. As a symbol of the month-long transfer of power, the incoming ruling body renames each of Fredotto's three moons.
The Dark Age
Fredotto's economy in 3090 took advantage of the chaos in the Chainelane Isles by exporting high quality infantry weapons to anyone who could pay as well as shipping out highly trained conventional infantry forces. The ruling government was due to rotate out of power in 3097, but agents from the Clan Diamond Shark Watch had observed the ruling Markham family working to subvert government officials in Florenzo, home of the Florenzo Consortium and an important factor in the planetary economy. The implication was that the Markhams were looking to either convert Florenzo into a puppet state they could control, or that they were planning to absorb Florenzo and consolidate power under themelves. Elements within the Diamond Sharks recommend intervening by contacting Etrusca, another major faction on Fredotto, to tip the balance of power back towards the middle.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2610 - Independent world 
- 2670 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2767 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2822 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3054 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3059 - No record 
- 3063 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3075 - No record 
- 3079 - No record 
- 3081 - No record 
- 3085 - Chainelane Isles 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - Chainelane Isles 
- 3145 - Chainelane Isles 
- Lord Gerald Markham
Fredotto has at least one major continent, which is named Italia. One of the prominant features on the planet is the region known as the Venice Mountains.
| Closest 20 systems (13 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Caillinius||45.9||Erin||47.3||Apsalar||50.2||Transfer Station J239H2||50.5|
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 37, "Syrstart"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic at the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 37, "Fredotto"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vi, "Inner Sphere - October 3085"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38, "Rim Worlds Army Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. vii, "Map of the Periphery"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 46, "Map of Periphery States"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 115, "Greater Valkyrate, Oberon Confederation & Elysian Fields"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 24, "Last Known Deep Periphery"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 20, "Amaris Regulars - Divisional Status"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130