Free Worlds League Military Region
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
The Free Worlds League Military Region was created by General Shandra Noruff-Cameron, the first Commanding General of the SLDF, to organize all SLDF forces that were located in the Free Worlds League. It corresponded to the borders of the Free Worlds League. The FWLMR was then divided into three districts. District 1 was bordered by the Terran Hegemony and the 250 light year circle. The systems between the 250 light year circle and 500 light year circle were split evenly into Military Districts 2 and 3. Each military district was assigned its own Army, and these three Armies were organized as a part of Army Group Marik, with their overall headquarters on Talitha. The General in command of Army Group Marik also represented the SLDF in Free Worlds League political matters. All SLDF naval assets in the Free Worlds League Military Region were overseen by a Vice Admiral.
In 2764 the Eighth Army was assigned to District 1, with the Ninth and Tenth Army assigned to Districts 2 and 3, respectively. This gave Army Group Marik a total strength equivalent to 65 divisions. The Ninth and Tenth would take part in the New Vandenberg Uprising, and the entire Army Group fought in the Hegemony Campaign during the Amaris Civil War.
- The Star League, p. 41
- The Star League, p. 139
- The Star League, p. 133, Army
- The Star League, p. 133, Army Group
- The Star League, p. 112
- The Star League, p. 144