|Formed||Early thirtieth century|
|Parent Command||Sarna Reserves|
During the thirtieth century, the Capellan Confederation was suffering numerous attacks from both the Federated Suns and the Free Worlds League. With its regular military regiments withering, the Capellan Confederation began to summon up planetary reservists from various worlds in each of the commonalities. These assets were used to form new frontline military regiments to reinforce its front lines against other Great Houses. One such regiment was the Freemont's Cuirassiers, which formed from reserves from the Sarna Commonality. The Cuirassiers became part of the Sarna Reserves, to reinforce the Commonality's defenses against raids from House Davion. The unit was noted for never leaving the Commonality, with the noted exception of its aerospace assets.
- 2930 & 2953 - Freemont's Cuirassiers' aerospace assets are used in less-than-successful raids against the Davion world of Lee.
- 2957 - The Cuirassiers participated in a series of defensive maneuvers to counter Davion raids beginning on Sarna Commonality world of Goshen. There they began to capture Federated Suns Marauder BattleMechs. They go on to capture more of the powerful 'Mech in their defense of the commonality in 2966 on Axton and finally on Bell in 2989. They became distinctive for being the only Capellan Regiment to consist of salvaged or captured Davion Marauders.
- 2990 - The unit began to be used on the Davion border with Warrior House Regiments to lure FedSun units to attack.
- 3002 - The Cuirassiers were attacked by the two battalions from Avalon Hussars Brigade on Cammal. The unit held out with its light and medium BattleMechs while Warrior House Ijori Regiment maneuvered itself behind the two Davion Battalions. The Cuirassiers and Ijori successfully destroyed the Davion battalion in their elaborate trap. However, the regiment's 3rd Battalion is lost and is never replaced.
- 3008 - The unit participated in the Battle of New Aragon against FedSun's mercenary unit, The Wolf's Dragoons' five Regiments. Fighting alongside several Capellan and Mercenary units. Ultimately losing planet to Dragoon's in name of House Davion.
- 3028 - The 1st Battalion, under the command of Major Xong fought a series of battles with the 1st Aragon Borderers on Hunan. Facing the entire regiment, Xong led his survivors into the Hellfire Mountains and eluded them. Reduced to a company's strength of Marauders, the unit was trapped by Davion Light Guards' Delta reinforced-company led by Captain Andrew Redburn. Trapped in a valley seeded with powerful mines, Major Xong surrendered. The survivors of the 1st battalion were later destroyed on Halloran V where they took part in Operation Riposte. The 2nd battalion was destroyed in the failed defense of Jonathan.
|Commanding Officers of the Freemont's Cuirassiers|
|Colonel||David Freemont||3025|
- The commanding officer of the unit was Colonel David Freemont.
The unit history is limited, no year of the unit formation exists from early texts.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 94 - "Freemont's Cuirassier unit profile".
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. ?? - "Battle of New Aragon"
- Warrior: Riposte, Chapter 44 - "Delta Company tricks survivors of Freemont's Cuirassiers to surrender".
- House Liao (Capellan Confederation), p. 106
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 94 - "Primary BattleMechs"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p.106