- This article is about the planetary system. For the WarShip, see Furillo (Individual Commonwealth-class WarShip).
|X:Y Coordinates||-137.266 : 78.255[e]|
|Recharge time||194 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Furillo II
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Military Deployment
- 4.3 Geography
- 4.4 Planetary Locations
- 4.5 Industrial Centers
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
Furillo is located near the Bjornlunda and Izar systems and consists of a class K3V primary orbited by at least two planets. During the thirty-first century recharge stations were in place at both system jump points.
- 2271 - Inhabited world
- 2341 - Inhabited world
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3055 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3059 - Lyran Alliance
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance
- 3135 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3145 - Lyran Commonwealth
|Jump Point distance||4.62 days|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||36°C (Warm-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Landmasses||2 (Dereka, Wilda)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Furillo|
Furillo was found to have an ecosystem ideally suited to supporting human life, and as a result was easily colonized; the vast mineral resources found on the planet quickly made it a prosperous world. The Steiner family became sole rulers of the world during their rise to power in the late twenty-fourth century. As the Commonwealth grew during the Age of War, the three founding powers were divided into smaller administrative regions. At the dawn of the Star League, Furillo was capital of the Furillo Province, one of four provinces in the Protectorate of Donegal . First Lord Simon Cameron visited the world in either April or May of 2750 as part of his ill-fated tour of League worlds that abruptly ended with his death on Star's End the following year.
First Succession War
Despite serious fighting on neighboring worlds such as Hesperus II and Bella I, Furillo would avoid being the target of major campaigns during the conflict. Its namesake, the Commonwealth-class light cruiser LCS Furillo, would be in a far more prominent position due to her role in the opening campaign of the First Succession War, Operation ELBOW JOINT.
Second Succession War
Furillo was among the targets of a Draconis Combine deep raid campaign in February 2830. The strikes, known as KUROI KAZE, struck deep inside the border at worlds considered to be safely within the Protectorate of Donegal. House Kurita's attacks incensed Archon Marcus Steiner, who declared war on the Combine the following month. Furillo would also be attacked by FWLM forces in 2846, as House Marik attempted to reverse its costly losses during the ComStar War.
After the death of Archon Claudius Steiner in 2849, the Estates General established the Triumvirate Regency to run the state until his daughter Elizabeth came of age. Furillo's representative, Henry DeCalidore, was the Speaker of the Assembly at the time and served to represent the interests of the Commonwealth's government within the regency. DeCalidore would propose taking the LCS Invincible out of mothballs to save Hesperus II from falling to the Draconis Combine. The success of the operation may have saved the Lyran Commonwealth, but it only exacerbated the Speaker's tendency to self-aggrandize.
Following Elizabeth's assumption of the Archonship in 2859, she dissolved the regency and moved to keep her regents from exercising further power. The Archon appointed DeCalidore to command of a new regiment, the Twenty-third Lyran Regulars. The former Speaker for the Estates General died the following year, defending Sakhalin from DCMS raiders.
Third Succession War
Archon Alessandro Steiner was born in Kelestra City on Furillo in 2957 and would go into exile there following Katrina Steiner taking the throne. The planetary Duchess, Iris Steiner became a frequent visitor to Alessandro's home, and though she visited partly to keep an eye on him, the two struck up a warm friendship. Decades later it would lead the LAAF to suspect both Iris and the Furillo BPM of ties to Alessandro's successor, Robert Kelswa-Steiner.
The Defiance Industries Testing Annex was host to the initial field tests for the Heavy Gauss Rifle. Leutnant-General Thomas Hogarth, who was supervising the project, stubbornly insisted that the weapon would perform if given the chance. His initial "proof of concept" was a modified maglev train powered by the fusion reactor on Hogarth's Atlas. This initial experiment destroyed a Valkyrie earmarked for the Kell Hounds. The first prototype was mounted in the arm of a Victor owned by one of Hogarth's subordinates in the Furillo BPM. While the subsequent test did destroy both simulated targets, it also proved that the new Hammerfist weapon was unsafe to mount in the arm of a BattleMech (as well as hospitalizing the pilot). The final test was a success, though as was typical for the BPM's commander, luck was a major factor in his surprising victory.
FedCom Civil War
Furillo was one of the most valuable family holdings by the time of the FedCom Civil War. The inhabitants of Furillo tended to be more liberal than most of their fellows in the Bolan Province, but were wholehearted supporters of House Steiner and vehemently opposed any attempt at reconciliation with the Free Worlds League. Should a reconciliation have proven possible, any opposition from Furillo's inhabitants would likely have been limited to grumblings among themselves, as their loyalty to the Steiners was stronger than their hatred of the League.
In addition to being home to a number of major military manufacturers, a host of heavy industries on Furillo also produced everything from small arms and IndustrialMech parts to civilian transportation and personal entertainment systems. These products were then shipped to many worlds in the Commonwealth.
After over 40 years of rule, Iris Steiner died in 3067. Her son, General Caesar Steiner, was assassinated the following year by an unknown agent, suspected to be Blakists. The fall of Hesperus II and Tharkad to the Blakists forced the Furillo branch of Defiance Industries to take the lead for the manufacturer until those worlds were recaptured. Word of Blake forces raided Furillo in 3074, with battle armor infiltrating the facility and only being destroyed through sheer luck on the part of Thomas Hogarth.
Around this time, the young Claudia Steiner, daughter of Caesar's son Reinhardt, had become the Grand Duchess. Claudia was kidnapped by pirates during a raid, which some blame partly on her brother Rüdiger and his privately owned force, the Lyran Irregulars, saying his interference allowed her abduction. Regardless, when Rüdiger and the Irregulars rescued Claudia, the resulting drama greatly increased the fame of the Grand Duchess' brother.
In the wake of the Jihad, Republic Intelligence believed Furillo to be the most vital world within the Bolan Province, but given Grand Duchess Claudia's age, Bolan would continue to dictate the region's politics for the immediate future.
Lockheed/CBM added a pressurized shipyard in orbit in 3128, which produced small DropShips for the LCAF. At that time, cheeses from Furillo, such as Ingrid's Own and Mont Vert, were considered to be among the best.
On 5 February 3139, Defiance Industries used its Furillo campus as host for an event ostensibly celebrating the birth of the BattleMech. Traditionally celebrated on Terra, the Fortress Wall had cut off that location from the rest of the Inner Sphere. Rather than miss out on an event that was typically a prime opportunity for deal-making, DI opted to host the event themselves. Unlike the Terran event, which typically attracted high-level personalities from the Great Houses, including the occasional House Lord, not even Archon Melissa opted to appear, though many powerful business moguls were present. 
As the centerpiece attraction of the event, Defiance Industries put five of the original Mackie up against their brand-new model of Atlas II, with the Atlas piloted by Manfred Cunningham, a descendant of Colonel Charles Kincaid. Cunningham was no trained MechWarrior, but by all accounts the fight was a pleasing one to watch and showed the power of Defiance's new assault 'Mech. Cunningham became the center of attention at the after-party, while Defiance representatives struck deals in the back rooms. Eventually, a very drunk Cunningham was taken from the party and it dispersed shortly after.
Though it was right on the border with the Wolf Empire, the world was still considered secure enough to expand industry on-planet. The attacks on Hesperus II also forced Defiance to invest in expanding the lines on nearby Furillo to make up for the shortfall. The massive rate of expansion was projected to leave Furillo outproducing Hesperus II by the mid-3150s.
- Thirteenth Donegal Guards
- Furillo BPM
- Furillo BPM
- - The unit was operating at 60% strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Furillo has two continents named Dereka and Wilda. Furillo has a wealth of natural resources and was ideally suited for colonization by humans when discovered. Furillo's climate is similar to Terra's but with season opposite to Terra's Northern hemisphere.
- Mont Vert Mountain Range
- Nashville: the location of the Nashan Diversified factories on Dereka
- Telesian: the planetary capital city, located on Wilda
- Telesian Heights: the location of the Lockheed/CBM facilities on Wilda
- Kelestra City: the birthplace of Alessandro Steiner, and to where he retired after being deposed
- Defiance Industries
- Lockheed-CBM Corporation
- N&D Targeting Computers
- N&D WorkMechs
|Closest 36 systems (34 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 78: "Planet Profile"
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 12: "Furillo"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16: "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13: "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25: "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36: "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40: "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47: "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56: "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59: "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61: "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70: "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21: "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 35
- First Succession War, pp. 17–21: "The Bolan Offensive"
- Second Succession War, pp. 31–32: "The Dragon Strikes: Red Wind, Black Wind"
- Second Succession War, p. 67: "La Reconquista"
- Second Succession War, p. 71: "Regency and Revenge"
- Second Succession War, p. 76: "The Marathon Offensive"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 163: "Alessandro Steiner"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 112: "Furillo BPM"
- Fool Proof in Shrapnel, Issue 12, pp. 153-163
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45: "The Jihad In Review"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 93: Defiance Industries
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 86
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 109
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 121: "Bolan Province"
- One Thousand in Shrapnel, Issue 12, p. 204
- A Game of Armored Combat: Celebrating 700 Years of BattleMech Warfare in Shrapnel, Issue 12, p. 164
- A Game of Armored Combat: Celebrating 700 Years of BattleMech Warfare in Shrapnel, Issue 12, pp. 165-166
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 255: "SLDF - Lyran Commonwealth Military Command Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 119: "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44: "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27
- Objective Raids, p. 19
- Shattered Sphere, p. 51: "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179: "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 17: "Regional Militias Regimental Status"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 116: "Business Of War"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 107: "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 133: "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Donegal Province"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182: "Lyran Commonwealth"
- Storms of Fate, ch. 11
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 3: "State of the Industry at a Glance (Dec 3079)"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 5: "Gray Death Infiltrator Suit"
- Objective Raids, p. 74
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 70: "Uziel"
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 28: "Scorpion"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 112: "Axman"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 5
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 70: "Axman"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 86: "Defiance"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 222: "Uni Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 14: "Swallow Attack WiGE"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 44: "Fensalir"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 210: "Uni CargoMech"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Second Succession War
- Shattered Sphere
- Storms of Fate (novel)
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised