Fusiliers of Oriente
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Fusiliers of Oriente|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds League Military|
The Fusiliers of Oriente are the more prestigious of the Grand Duchy of Oriente forces.
The Fusiliers of Oriente made up the largest unit of forces available to the Duchy of Oriente. They were one of the most effective units in the Free Worlds League Military, whether provincial or federal. Despite their origins as a provincial unit, the Fusiliers of Oriente always responded to the LCCC's call, never using the Home Defense Act to avoid federal service. Indeed in 3064 Duke Halas would take this one step further and place the Fusiliers of Oriente completely under the control of the FWLM, essentially rendering the Home Defense Act useless in the Duchy of Oriente.
Unlike the Marik Militia the Fusiliers of Oriente typically rebuilt units rather than creating new ones. This provided them with a long and storied history and instilled pride in the soldiers who made up the units.
Elements of the Fusiliers of Oriente were the only Free Worlds League troops to see combat on two fronts during the Reunification War. The First and Second Fusiliers served on the Magistracy of Canopus front and later the Rim Worlds Republic front.
During the Jihad the Fusiliers of Oriente fought both the LCAF and CCAF, losing three regiments in the process. They only provided logistical support to the Coalition forces however, and after the Jihad ended they turned their attention to defending their traditional homeworlds.
|Commanding Officers of the Fusiliers of Oriente|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Fusiliers of Oriente
Colors and Unit Insignia
The Fusiliers of Oriente used dark green with black edging and pale green highlights as their parade colors. Their brigade insignia was a stylized red and green orchid on a black rectangle.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 73
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 151
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 38, 95, 129, 148-149, 152-153
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 75
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 10
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Free Worlds League"