|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Ceresplex Light Omni Endo Steel|
|Engine||Rawlings 100 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Hellespont TiteBeam|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 2000|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Gùn is a moderately fast, light OmniMech which was designed by the Capellan Confederation for infantry support. Built by Ceres Metals Industries in the Lockton factory, the design was first fielded in 3144 just as House Liao began its invasion of the Federated Suns Capellan March.
Created to serve as a garrison 'Mech, its main role is to serve as fire-support for the garrison's infantry & battle armor formations. However, with only three and a half tons of armor, the 'Mech lacks sufficient protection to counter heavier combat vehicles and traditional BattleMechs in combat. The 'Mech features a Small Cockpit and an XL Gyro to save weight.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed with ten tons of pod space, the primary configuration of the Gùn features a combination of anti-infantry and anti-vehicle energy weaponry. Its main weapon is a Plasma Rifle mounted in the right arm with two tons of ammo located in the adjacent torso. This weapon is backed up by a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers.
The 'Mech has the following Design Quirks:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 26-27 & 76-78, "Gùn OmniMech Profile"
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn - BV2 and introduction Year listed.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 84
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 24-25 "Invasion of Federated Suns beginning in 3144 thru 3145."
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn A Configuration - BV2 noted.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 85
- MUL Profile on GN-2O Gùn B Configuration - BV2 noted.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 86