- This article is about the planetary system. For the WarShip, see Galedon (Individual Samarkand II-class WarShip).
|X:Y Coordinates||331.999 : 173.891[e]|
|Recharge time||196 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Galedon V
- 4 Map Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2282 - Independent world
- 2302 - Alliance of Galedon (from March)
- 2319 - Draconis Combine
- 2332 - Draconis Combine
- 2571 - Draconis Combine
- 2581 - Draconis Combine
- 2596 - Draconis Combine
- 2750 - Draconis Combine
- 2764 - Draconis Combine
- 2765 - Draconis Combine
- 2786 - Draconis Combine
- 2822 - Draconis Combine
- 2864 - Draconis Combine
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3050 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3058 - Draconis Combine
- 3063 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine
- 3068 - Federated Suns (from December)
- 3075 - Draconis Combine (dead or dying world)
- 3079 - No record
- 3081 - No record
- 3085 - No record
- 3135 - No record
- 3145 - No record
|Jump Point distance||3 days (3025),|
4.12 days (3067)
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||25°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||25% Mammal|
|Landmasses||3 (Crete, Paphos, Luzon)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Galedon|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|HPG Representative||Precentor Jhi To Phud (3025)|
Galedon V was lightly settled for its vast supplies of industrial grade diamonds. The planet also features a large amount of fresh water. These features made it very popular with the first settlers, who arrived in 2282. Shiro Kurita capitalized on the Galedonians' hatred of the Ozawa Mercantile Association to bring them into the Alliance of Galedon. By 2332, the Galedonians revolted against Shiro's rule. The new DCMS arrived on Galedon and killed the leaders of the revolution. They left behind ruined cities and starving civilians, and then Shiro used its last trick on them and made them believe he was being generous and feeding them. Since then, the planet Galedon V has been a staunch supporter of the Kuritas ever since, with one possible apocryphal exception.
Galedon V was one of several Combine planets host to revolts by the Free Mutineers movement, covertly aided by the Federated Commonwealth in order to improve their position towards a possible Fifth Succession War. In August 3044, Sho-sho Robert Aram, the commander of Combine forces on the planet, hired mercenaries to assist in counterinsurgency operations in the city of Washkatin. On September 11, the Combine destroyed the rebel-sympathetic weapons manufacturer Novastar Armaments. The rebels took control of the city of Washkatin on October 22, but the Combine successfully evacuated planetary governor Mosami Horkiro. The Combine retook the city on November 3, though resistance continued elsewhere on the planet.
Between 10 and 14 July 3068, the undefended Draconis Combine worlds of Enif, Galedon V, and Tabayama were raided by the Swift Wing Naval Assault Star from Clan Snow Raven. The raids appeared to be in retaliation for the destruction of the Snow Raven WarShip CSR White Cloud by Combine agents. The Snow Raven forces destroyed the Kyushu-class WarShip DCS Galedon Explorer in the Galedon system during their raid. This was followed in November by an unsanctioned attack on Galedon by AFFS units stationed in the Draconis March, one of a number of attacks mounted as tensions increased along the border in 3068. The forces involved were the Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs with mercenary support provided by Blacklate Mentals, Brian's Bombers, Colstrup's Cavalliers and Weizer Volunteers.
The Draconis Combine deployed troops back to Galedon V in the first week of April 3069, intending to oust the rogue Federated Suns units located on the world. The AFFS troops wouldn't retreat until mid-May, by which time a virulent epidemic of some kind had broken out on Galedon. (Later evidence proved that this epidemic was caused by an escaped weapon from a pre–Age of War ISF facility.) From there, things got steadily worse for the inhabitants of Galedon; on the 1st of June, a full Star of Snow Raven WarShips arrived in the Galedon system and proceeded to destroy a number of military bases and installations on the surface of the planet. This was followed by instructions for the inhabitants of Galedon—or the "civilian castes" as the Snow Ravens described them—detailing that they had one week to evacuate the world.
The Snow Ravens began to bombard the cities of Galedon from orbit on the 16th of June, systematically hitting city after city across the surface of the world. The planetary infrastructure collapsed quickly as the bombardment went on, with the central planetary administration gone and most of the governmental controls and transport infrastructure swiftly following. The plague which had erupted during the fighting between the AFFS and DCMS troops in May started spreading among the survivors of the orbital bombardment as the death count quickly outpaced that of the Kentares Massacre. Some 30,000 Galedonians managed to escape from the surface of Galedon, only to be captured by the Ravens and declared isorla. In an ironic twist of fate, it is possible that the Ravens' brutal actions actually staved off a much worse epidemic as their systematic destruction of Galedon prohibited the ancient bioweapon from spreading to other systems.
The Snow Raven Star didn't escape unscathed from Galedon; survivors captured from the planet and taken aboard the vessels brought the plague up from the surface with them, and the plague began to spread amidst the various Snow Raven WarShips, resulting in the Star engaging in a fratricidal battle somewhere in Draconis Combine space in mid-July as the uninfected vessels battled those marked by the plague.
On the 15th of September, the Draconis Combine High Command put Galedon under quarantine, blocking access to the world because of the plague running out of control on the planet. This was followed in the last two weeks of February with the High Command's final solution for the plague, which had come to be known as the "Curse of Galedon"; on the 14th of February the DCMS began a two-week thermonuclear bombardment of the planet. However, despite the decision being made to sterilize the planet, the government on New Samarkand denied that any such thing had happened.
- Third Sun Zhang Academy Cadre
Galedon has three continents named Crete, Paphos, and Luzon.
|Closest 28 systems (27 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Chinmen Tao||42.7||Kirei Na Niwa||43.3||Keihoku||45.3||Nakaojo||45.8|
|Sakuranoki||51.6||Budingen||51.7||Ban Na San||54.4||Altdorf||54.5|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 181: "Galedon V"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 88: "Galedon"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 21: "Alliance of Galedon"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18: "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31: "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48: "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106: "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54: "Federated Suns After First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60: "Federated Suns After Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), foldout: "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64: "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82: "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66: "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71: "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68: "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76: "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71: "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: Inner Sphere -  Map
- "Handbook: House Davion, p. 78: "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74: "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42: "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46: "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65: Inner Sphere -  Map
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21: "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries: Galedon V campaign, August 30 mission—riot duty in the capital of Washkatin
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45: "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30: "DCA Readiness Report"
- Total Chaos, p. 76: "Galedon/An Ting"
- Total Chaos, p. 77
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47: "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48: "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report 2765: DCMS, p. 17: "Sun Zhang Cadre"
- First Succession War, p. 137: "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Second Succession War, p. 97: "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery: Deployment Table"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133: "DCMS Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 41: "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 70: "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 67: "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 10: "Galedon Regulars"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 212: "Sabre"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Total Chaos