- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Class||Samarkand (Block II)|
|In service until||10 November 2853|
In 2853 the Galedon II under Cho-sho Greg Hossu, who had commanded her since 2840, took part in an offensive against Hesperus II, later dubbed the sixth, seventh and eighth battles of Hesperus II where the Draconis Combine enacted a blockade of the Hesperus system.
The Lyran Commonwealth famously reactivated their ancient battlecruiser LCS Invincible to break through the Combine siege. It jumped to the Hesperus system's nadir jump point on 25 October 2853 with six military DropShips and smashed through the Combine blockade vessels, destroying most of them. Only the Galedon II escaped by means of a pre-planned jump to an irregular jump point close to Hesperus II at the last minute, taking the DropShips Katana, Rapier, Broadsword and Sabeeh plus a few squadrons of aerospace fighters with it.
On 10 November 2853, the Invincible and the relief fleet accompanying it arrived at Hesperus II and engaged the Draconis Combine's planetary blockade fleet which had been reinforced by the Galedon II and its DropShips as well as a trio of corvettes that had been recalled from the zenith jump point blockade fleet. However, the Draconis Combine fleet was quickly routed (implicitly with heavy losses). All Draconis Combine WarShips that had participated in the blockade were destroyed.
- BattleCorps Ship Profile: DCS Galedon II
- BattleCorps scenario Tactics of Desperation
- BattleCorps scenario Tactics of Desperation II
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), PDF p. 64