- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Adam Tech Industries|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||X-G266 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Kallon Royalstar with CASE|
|Engine||Omni 175 Light|
|Communications System||Garret T20-C|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 1122|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed for long-range combat, the Gambit was a solid, light BattleMech, the second 'Mech to have been brought to market by Adam Tech Industries. A solid design, the Gambit was fitted with a revolutionary new actuator system that allowed it to bring its Light PPCs around to fire on targets directly behind itself.
Straightforward to maintain and built around some of the most popular items on the market including armor plating, heat sinks and myomer bundles, the Gambit was very popular with 'Mech technicians following its entry to service in 3136. The Dynatec 1122 targeting and tracking system was another popular feature, this time with the MechWarriors who piloted the Gambit for both its rugged, durable nature and the way in which the Heads-Up Display was fully customizable. The Dynatec 1122 was married to a Garret T20-C communications system, making the Gambit's electronic systems highly reliable.
Adding to the Gambit's appeal for MechWarriors was the cockpit, which in addition to featuring a reliable emergency release mechanism, was also armored to resist battle armor-scale weapons for at least ten seconds - a feature clearly intended to make the Gambit suitable for use in the battlefields of the Dark Age.
Produced at the Adam Tech plant on Abadan, the Gambit featured five tons of Standard Armor and its Omni 175 Light Engine allowed the Gambit to reach speeds of 118 km/h. The Gambit also mounted an XL Gyro, saving weight for other systems and equipment.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gambit was equipped with a Fusigon Shorttooth Light Particle Projection Cannon in each arm as well as a single Holly 3-Tube Multi-Missile Launcher mounted in the right torso, along with a ton of ammunition stored in CASE-protected storage.
The Gambit is subject to the following Design Quirk:
Gambit 'Mech from MechWarrior: Age of Destruction
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 22-23, "GBT-1G Gambit"
- MUL online date for the Gambit
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 245
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 77, "GBT-1L Gambit"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 246