- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
- This article is about the system containing the planet Garrote. For the Garotte system, see Garotte.
Also known as Garrote after its only planet, KA-418 is a deep periphery system and the only stable star within five parsec (approximately 16.3 lightyears) in its stretch of the Draconis Combine border, which makes it a natural chokepoint for JumpShip travel in the area.
Garotte has an 18-hour rotation period. The planet is extremely barren. Gray, brackish seas wash up against shores. Dead-brown swathes of permafrost fight white patches of ice and snow. The permafrost is cracked and creviced from the planet's severe tectonic activity. Pools of standing water spread across the plains, scummed over with brackish algae and ringed by low-laying scrub brush and isolated patches of dead or dying forests. Hard winds carve at the northern plain, piling frost covered drifts of tan earth.
Hotspots created by geothermal venting pock the landscape with gray-green splotches like a disease. What little life the world supports grows around these warm pockets, twisted and stunted by the world's poisoned biosphere.