- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works|
|Chassis||Coventry GTL-Flex Endo Steel|
|Armor||Lexington Limited Light Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Defiance 275 Light|
|Communications System||Cyclops 24XS Adaptable|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops Special Limited|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (108 km/h with MASC)|
Originally proposed by Archon Adam Steiner, the Gauntlet is a medium-class OmniMech that was manufactured for the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. It was designed as a swift cavalry unit capable of keeping up with lighter 'Mechs while also being able to bring the flexibility and firepower of a medium 'Mech.
The 'Mech was put into production by Coventry Metal Works nearly thirty years after it was proposed by the late Archon. Throughout the years it took to develop the design, many senior generals of the LCAF opposed the symbolic 'Mech. When it became available, the Gauntlet ended up being passed off by these social generals to regular commands, which welcomed the design, especially House Steiner's lightning companies.
Weapons and Equipment
The Gauntlet is designed to be a powerful and swift machine, with a Defiance 275-rated Light Fusion Engine at its heart, which is supported by a sturdy Coventry GTL-Flex Endo-Steel frame. In addition to its twenty-one-ton pod capacity, the 'Mech has been given a boost of speed in combat: a built-in MASC.
Designers laid out the Gauntlet's primary configuration with two powerful medium-to-long range weapons. The 'Mech's principal firepower comes from its right arm-mounted Heavy PPC. In the other arm is its long-range weapon, a Class 10 Thunderbolt Missile with two tons of ammunition protected by CASE. The 'Mech's speed is further increased thanks to a pod-mounted Supercharger.
- Alt. Config. A
- Armed with a powerful mix of missile and long-range light weaponry, the "A" configuration uses a pair of 7-tube Multi-Missile Launchers mounted in its side torsos. Backing up these flexible weapons is a pair of lightly-hitting Light PPCs, with one found in each of the arms. CASE II is installed in each of the 'Mech's arms, so as to shield the arm weaponry from possible ammunition explosions. BV (2.0) = 1,420
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed for close combat, the "B" configuration is designed similarly to Coventry’s Black Hawk KU or the older Clan Nova OmniMechs. The configuration is armed with ten Medium Lasers split between the 'Mech's two arms with the addition of a single Medium Pulse Laser in the right torso. These weapons are tied into an accurate Targeting Computer. Other equipment found in the "B" configuration is a Guardian ECM Suite, five Jump Jets, and a Coolant Pod to help cope with the high levels of heat produced by the Gauntlet B's weapons and equipment. BV (2.0) = 2,076
- Alt. Config. C
- Intended to cripple and capture enemy units, the C configuration's principal tool in its mission is a TSEMP Cannon found in the left arm. Its offensive weaponry includes a single Snub-Nose PPC and a Light Autocannon/5 found in the other arm. Both arms' lower actuators have been removed to allow the 'Mech the flexibility of flipping its arms. CASE II has been added to the right torso to prevent any ammunition explosion effects from crippling the 'Mech's engine and arm weapons. One additional heat sink is added as well. BV (2.0) = 2,048
The Gauntlet strongly resembles the Bushwacker BattleMech, though there is no mention of the design's strong resemblance to it. Archon Adam Steiner intended the Gauntlet to honor the spirit of the Lyran Commonwealth.
The Gauntlet OmniMech is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Gauntlet (OmniMech)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 34, 91
- Gauntlet OmniMech MUL Profile including BV2 & Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 305
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 34-35, 91
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 35, 92
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 306
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 35, 94
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 35, 93
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 307
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 34