Generic Expandable Services Vehicle
|Generic Expandable Services Vehicle|
|Use||Multifunction Support OmniVehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Top Speed||97 km/h|
|Power Plant||electric (fuel cell)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||2,745 km|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||7|
Created by the Federated Suns, the Generic Expandable Services Vehicle (also known as the GESV) is designed to be a multirole support vehicle. Using an OmniVehicle chassis, the vehicle is able to be reconfigured to a number of roles, which include its principal configuration as a mobile command post. The GESV is utilized by military, government, and nongovernment organizations.
Aside from being employed as a military and civilian Mobile Headquarters, it is utilized as a cargo vehicle, mobile kitchen, and MASH unit. Additionally, its trailer has its own different configurations to enhance the GESV's abilities to meet the needs of its user.
Equipment and Capabilities
The GESV pulling unit is based on a Tractor and Omni Chassis. The vehicle is able to pull multiple trailers with its fuel cell motor. The vehicle is protected by tons of BAR 7 grade armor.
Various, see Alternate Configurations. It has two doors, one for right and left sides.
GESV Tractor Configurations
- MASH Configuration
- The medical configuration of the GESV track includes single MASH unit, with two sets of 5 surgical theaters. Crewed by thirty personnel, this module has a cargo capacity of 2.5 tons.
- Mobile Command Post Configuration
- The Mobile Command Post is fitted with 7 tons of Communication Equipment. Mounted on its rear, the configuration gives 2 Remote Sensor Dispensers. In this configuration, the module requires a crew of 7 people.
- Mobile Field Kitchen Configuration
- It features two field kitchens, 1.7 tons refrigerated space and 3 tons reserve standard cargo. It has a crew requirement of 6 and can feed upwards to 300 personal.
The 15 ton GESV Trailer is designed similarly to tractor, utilizing an Omni chassis. It also built to be attached to another GESV Trailer. The Trailer is protected by 1.5 tons of BAR 7 grade armor and has the Equipment Rating of E/X-X-X/E.
GESV Trailer Configurations
- Bunker Configuration
- Designed as mobile home for general personal or infantry. It has two foot infantry bays to house up to 60 people. It is noted that bunker configuration is cramped. Bunker has 1.5 tons worth of cargo space for basic supplies.
- Cargo/Workspace Configuration
- Designed as combination of cargo trailer and multifunction workspace. It has maximum cargo capacity of 11.5 tons.
- At time of this writing, there are no published record sheets for neither the GESV's tractor and trailers nor any of its variants.
- The GESV features a tractor, trailer, Omni Chassis, and control modifications.
- ↑ MUL Profile for Generic Expandable Service Vehicle Tractor (Standard) - Introduction Date Only.
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, pp. 199–200: "Generic Expandable Services Vehicle"
- ↑ MUL Profile for the GESV's Trailer - Introduction Date Only