Gettysburg (Individual Essex-class WarShip)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The Gettysburg was an Essex-class destroyer launched in 2722. Serving as the SLS Gettysburg Under the command of Major Alina Carrows the Gettysburg was serving in the Taurian Concordat overseeing shipping entering and departing the New Vandenburg system when it was attacked by an old Dart-class cruiser; the Gettysburg swiftly destroyed the attacking cruiser, which was such an ancient craft that the SLDF believed that it was the last of her class.
In 2757 the serving captain of the Gettysburg, Major Val Mhong, handed command of the ship over to Major Evgeny Baratynsky, a decorated officer and nephew to the SLDF Commanding General, Aleksandr Kerensky. The Gettysburg's crew served with distinction during the Periphery Uprising and continued to serve the SLDF throughout the Hegemony Campaign in the wake of the coup launched by Stefan Amaris; the Gettysburg was ultimately destroyed above Terra during the closing stages of Operation CHIEFTAIN, a victim of the Caspar drone warcraft that made up a part of Terra's SDS network.
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 128, "Essex"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 212, "Dart (Light Cruiser)"