- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Glaive Medium Tank|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine||Shipil 205 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Cyclops 1J|
|Targeting Tracking System||Evil Eye IV w/Artemis IV FCS|
The Glaive Medium Tank is produced by Cyclops, Inc. as an inexpensive alternative to 'Mechs for forces loyal to Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner and the Isle of Skye. He personally convinced Cyclops CEO Morgan Durant to develop the design quickly following the death of Duchess Margaret Aten, which they did in under a year, enabling the design to see action in 3066. Though the LAAF pressured Kelswa-Steiner to make the design available to all units, he purchased the production runs of at least the first four years for the Skye Rangers, citing the Regional Defense edicts. All of the components used in the Glaive are produced locally, with the exception of the missile launcher, though it has been licensed from Coventry Metal Works, so that is expected to change.
The Glaive itself not terribly speedy for a tank of its mass, as it is only capable of 86 km/h. A scant five and a half tons of armor protect it. The use of a fusion engine allows it over a third of its mass for weaponry.
Weapons and Equipment
The largest weapon on the Glaive is a Coventry SuperFire LRM-15 that has enhanced accuracy thanks to the use of an Artemis IV Fire Control System. It also gives the tank indirect fire capability, though the laser-guided system will not help it in that case. To supplement the missile launcher at range is a Cyclops XII ER Large Laser. To protect the tank at short range, as well as from conventional infantry, the Glaive mounts a pair of Kicker Machine Guns. They are located in a turret mount, along with the laser, so that they can be brought to bear against any enemy that the Glaive's crew can see.
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 14-15, "Glaive Medium Tank"
- MUL online entry for the Glaive
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 17
- MUL online date for the Glaive Medium Tank (MFB) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 18