- This article is about the combat vehicle. For the planetary system, see Glory (system).
|Glory Heavy Fire Support Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||Durallex Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Strand 255 Fusion|
|Communications System||CommuTech Multichannel w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||BlazeFire Ranging System Type 3 w/Artemis IV FCS|
The Glory Heavy Fire Support Vehicle began as a larger version of the Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle, but evolved through the design process into a combat vehicle all its own. The genesis of the Glory lies in 3063 when the then-AFFC asked manufacturers to create a vehicle platform for their new rotary autocannon. Johnston Industries decided to create a fire support model, as they believed one was necessary for front-line units. The onset of the FedCom Civil War delayed production until late 3067, as all sides wanted as much material as they could get their hands on. Over the course of the Jihad, hundreds of Glorys were produced, many of them operating with Devlin Stone's coalition.
The Glory is a slow vehicle, topping out at only 54 km/h. This is rarely seen as much of a detriment, however, as it is supposed to stay in the rear. Fourteen tons of armor provide significant protection, though the rear is under-armored when compared to the rest of the vehicle, further reinforcing the notion that the Glory needs to keep to the rear echelon. A Guardian ECM Suite provides additional protection against enemy electronics.
Weapons and Equipment
The largest weapon on the Glory, and the reason for its existence, is the Mydron Tornado Rotary Autocannon/5. The crew must be careful with its ammunition supply, however, as the autocannon can run out of ammunition in under a minute. For maximum field of fire, it is mounted in a turret. Joining it in the turret are twin Coventry Star Fire LRM-15 launchers, each of which is made more accurate with the addition of an Artemis IV Fire Control System. Four tons of ammo keep the missile launchers in good supply. For backup, the Glory carries a pair of front-mounted Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers.
- Light Gauss
- An earlier variant of the Glory developed in 3067 called for the missile launchers and a Light Gauss Rifle imported from the Free Worlds League. Two tons of ammunition kept the rifle well-supplied, but the cost of importing it proved prohibitive. In addition, the lack of backup weaponry left this variant vulnerable should an enemy manage to close with it. BV (1.0) = 915, BV (2.0) = 1,450
- Arrow IV
- This 3080 version of the Glory is protected by seventeen tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. The standard turret weapons have been replaced by an Arrow IV launcher, single ER Medium Laser, and a Plasma Rifle. Two more ER Medium Lasers cover the front arc, while a Guardian ECM Suite disrupts enemy electronics systems. BV (2.0) = 1,704
Original Glory from TRO:3067
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 24-25, "Glory Heavy Fire Support Vehicle"
- MUL online entry for the Glory
- Combat Operations, p. 126
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 33
- MUL online entry for the Glory (Light Gauss) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 35
- MUL online entry for the Glory (Arrow IV) variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 34
- MUL online entry for the Glory (3090 Upgrade) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 66