- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
The Golden Century was a period in Clan history filled with unprecedented growth, technological progression, and a maturation of each Clan's individual self identity. It was directly followed by the Political Century.
- 1 General Overview
- 2 Individual Clan Achievements
- 2.1 Clan Blood Spirit
- 2.2 Clan Burrock
- 2.3 Clan Cloud Cobra
- 2.4 Clan Coyote
- 2.5 Clan Diamond Shark
- 2.6 Clan Fire Mandrill
- 2.7 Clan Ghost Bear
- 2.8 Clan Goliath Scorpion
- 2.9 Clan Hell's Horses
- 2.10 Clan Ice Hellion
- 2.11 Clan Jade Falcon
- 2.12 Clan Mongoose
- 2.13 Clan Nova Cat
- 2.14 Clan Smoke Jaguar
- 2.15 Clan Snow Raven
- 2.16 Clan Star Adder
- 2.17 Clan Steel Viper
- 2.18 Clan Wolf
- 2.19 Clan Wolverine
- 3 References
- 4 Bibliography
After IlKhan Nicholas Kerensky's death in 2834, the fledgeling Clans could very well have shattered. Instead, they prospered to a degree that has never been seen since. This period of time, stretching for roughly a century after the Ilkhan's death, came to be known as the Golden Century.
While Kerensky's directives would start the process, it was during the Golden Century that Clan society began to settle into its current recognizable form. The perfection of the Iron Wombs cemented the difference between Trueborn and Freeborn in the Warrior Caste, and entrenched the Caste system into Clan society. Debate about the Inner Sphere led to the creation of the Crusader and Warden philosophies. Each Clan also settled into a comfortable sense of self, as they grew and colonized the Kerensky Cluster, helped by an increase in medical technology.
Equally as notable is the development of military technology. Spurred on by the leadership of the Warrior caste, the Scientist Caste continued to develop the weapons technology of the Star League. It was during the Golden Century that the OmniMech, OmniFighter, and Elemental Battle Armor would be developed. Additionally, most of the existing Clan weapon systems were also perfected during this period of time.
Individual Clan Achievements
While all the Clans matured and settled into their distinct identities during the Golden Century, many of them contributed their own individual achievements to Clan society and warfare.
Clan Blood Spirit
Clan Cloud Cobra
Clan Coyote created the first Omnimechs. They would exploit their advantage to the fullest, becoming a dominant force (along with their Wolf allies) militarily and politically for the greater part of two centuries. They also developed the associated CASE ammunition storage equipment, the Large Pulse Laser and helped to miniaturize the Clan's LRM technology, reducing the weight of systems by half.
Clan Diamond Shark
Clan Diamond Shark (then called Clan Sea Fox) colonization efforts also lead to the discovery of the substance that they would develop into HarJel on the world of Strato Domingo. The Diamond Sharks also created the Chatterweb, a Clan-wide communications system eventually used by every Clan. Pioneering the Chatterweb gave the Clan several advantages, including spying into other Clans' networks undetected. They were said to have assisted Clan Coyote in the development of the OmniMech (having discovered the research through the Chatterweb), and helped to miniaturize Clan heavy Machine Gun technology.
Clan Fire Mandrill
Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Goliath Scorpion
Clan Goliath Scorpion developed the modern Clan Active Probe. They also synthesized goliath scorpion venom into a potent hallucinogenic relatively safe for human consumption called Necrosia, imbibed mostly for ceremonial reasons.
Clan Hell's Horses
Clan Hell's Horses developed the biomedical sciences behind advanced breeding protocols, giving rise to the modern Clan Elemental. They also worked toward the development of TAG and the NARC Missile Beacon systems used by the Clans.
Clan Ice Hellion
Clan Jade Falcon
Clan Nova Cat
Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Snow Raven
Clan Star Adder
Clan Steel Viper
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 4 - "Golden Age
- The Clans: Warrior of Kerensky, p. 15, 16 - "Golden Century"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 10 - Early Clan History: A Comparative Timeline, Cont.
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 33 - "Building a New Society"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 135, 136 - "The Golden Century"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 40, 41, "Birth of the Titans"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 6 - Out With the Old, In With the New
- Field Manual: Warden Clan, p. 59 - "Clan Diamond Shark, Golden Century"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 103, 104, "The Golden Time"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54 - "Golden Century"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 11, 12 - "Life as a Mongoose"
- Invading Clans, p. 84 - "Golden Century"