Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the infantry support weapon. For the Battle Armor weapon, see Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon (Battle Armor).
|Gauss Cannon (Grand Mauler)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3059 (FS)|
|Mass Per Reload||4.5kg (5)|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||-|
The Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon is a Federated Commonwealth and later Federated Suns infantry support gauss rifle which was hailed as the ultimate personal assault weapon before it was even manufactured. While it has since met all expectations for firepower, it has also proven to be a bulky and unwieldy weapon to use. A trained operator must use a complex upper-body harness, of which getting into and out of takes considerable time, to provide a stable mount for the barrel. Aiming and firing the weapon is accomplished by the use of an elegant system of pulleys and counterweight. As with other gauss weapons the Grand Mauler requires both ammunition and power packs to operate but is among the most powerful personal armaments ever produced.
With their introduction to the Inner Sphere following the Clan Invasion, the Grand Mauler has been adapted for use as a Battle Armor weapon, and conversely works equally well taking down enemy battle armor suits.
- TechManual, p. 351, "Conventional Infantry Weapons (Cont) - Table"
- TechManual, p. 300, "Conventional Infantry Weapons (Cont)- Table"
- TechManual, p. 319, "Conventional Infantry Weapons BV Table"
- Lostech, p. 42, "Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon"
- TechManual, p. 255, "Gauss Rifle"
- A Time of War, p. 274, "Support Gauss Weapons - Table"