|Manufacturer||Omega Orbital Production Plant|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Clan Modified Heavy Type X Endo|
|Armor||Forging OTR17b (Standard)|
|Engine||Clan Standard 280 series|
|Communications System||JNE Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI KITT|
|Heat Sinks||16 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Series Type 4 Heavy|
The Guillotine IIC is a simple upgrade of the original Guillotine BattleMech using Clan technology. This version of that venerable 'Mech uses double heat sinks and an Endo Steel internal structure to save weight. These weight savings were used to upgrade the 'Mech's weapon systems. The original twelve tons of armor was left unchanged. Although Clan Coyote created this upgrade, Clan Star Adder was the first to use it in combat in 2892. With the introduction of the OmniMech, most Guillotine IICs were relegated to second-line and solahma duty.
Weapons and Equipment
From long range, the Guillotine IIC replaced the Large Laser of the original with a Clan Mk. XVII ER PPC. Of the original four medium lasers, two were upgraded to Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Lasers, while the other pair were replaced with Series 2f ER medium lasers. The SRM-6 was replaced with a lighter Clan Series 4d.
- Guillotine IIC 2
- Developed during the Jihad in 3070, this variant was remodeled for close-quarter combat. The variant removes both Large Pulse Lasers, using the space for two additional ER medium lasers and a Targeting Computer to guide them. The SRM 6 is exchanged for a Streak SRM 4 Launcher and one ton of ammunition. The standard armor was exchanged for ferro-fibrous armor, and the 'Mech was equipped with six Improved Jump Jets. BV (2.0) = 2,721
Original Guillotine IIC from TRO:3060
- MUL online date for the Guillotine IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 181
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 172–173: "Guillotine IIC 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 258
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 259: "Guillotine IIC 2's Jihad variant"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 92: BattleMech Quirk Table - Guillotine IIC Entry