- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3073)|
The Gunzburg Eagles was a BattleMech-type regiment serving the Free Rasalhague Republic. In the late 3060s it would be adapted and remade into a combat formation of the Rasalhague Galaxy to defend Clan Ghost Bear's Ghost Bear Dominion, and later the Rasalhague Dominion.
During the Clan Invasion the Gunzburg Eagles were stationed on Gunzburg. Many soldiers were eager to fight and avenge their fallen comrades. In the end, their leader, Tor Miraborg, was confronted with the option to fight and gain glory or to save the lives of his men. Miraborg choose to hand over the planet to Clan Wolf and accepted the reality of his situation.
When Clan Wolf abandoned their Occupation Zone in the mid-thirty-second century other nearby Clans moved swiftly to gain new territory. Thun was one of the worlds contested during the scramble for new possessions – both Clan Jade Falcon and the Rasalhague Dominion moved to take the world, with the 8th Falcon Velites attempting to capture Thun from the Gunzburg Eagles. Unfortunately for the 8th, the Eagles avoided direct combat while conducting repeated air strikes until the 8th had no choice but to retreat.
|Commanding Officers of the Gunzburg Eagles|
|Commanding Officers of the Gunzburg Eagles (Clan Ghost Bear)|
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 67
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 156 - "Epsilon Galaxy"
- 20 Year Update, p. 51
- Lethal Heritage, p. 45