- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Silver Wyrm, Ltd.|
|Chassis||Mithril Wyrm Endo-2|
|Armor||Starshield A w/ CASE|
|Engine||Super Magna 350 XL w/ Supercharger|
|Communications System||Garret T11-A|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D5j|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Hachiwara was commissioned by the Silver Dragon Stables and designed by the Crosby BattleMech Research firm responsible for the creation of the No-Dachi. Using the No-Dachi as their inspiration, the Crosby engineers designed a 'Mech optimized for arena combat. The already high speed was increased by using a Supercharger, allowing the Hachiwara pilot to get in close to an opponent quickly. Twelve tons of armor protects the 'Mech. Unlike its progenitor design, the Hachiwara does not use Triple Strength Myomer. This allows the pilot to focus on the fight, rather than managing heat levels.
Harkening back to the samurai ideal, the Hachiwara uses a Vibroblade in place of the No-Dachi's Sword.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hachiwara's main armament is its experimental Mithril Wyrm Vibroblade. This is backed up by an Mydron Excel Ultra Type 10 Autocannon, as well as two Brightblood ER Medium Lasers for medium-long range attacks and four ES-MRT "Boomstick II" M-Pods for additional close-range power.
- MUL online date for the Hachiwara
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 263
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 264
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 265
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 266