- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Free Worlds Defense Industries|
|Chassis||Duralyte 299 Endo-Steel|
|Communications System||Datacom 50|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 1122|
The Hammer is a 'Mech that was built to provide fire support for light 'Mechs. The 'Mech is built around a long-range arsenal that can provide both direct and indirect fire support. It is also often paired with the Anvil, using its missiles to soften up the enemy at a distance until the Anvil can bring its lasers to bear.
The Hammer has a maximum speed of 86.4 kph, which is enough for a 'Mech intended to stay at the edges of a battlefield acting in a fire support role. Additionally, the 'Mech has a respectable six tons of armor protection. With its average speed and good armor protection combined with its long-range weapons, the Hammer is a good overall light fire support 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weaponry that the Hammer employs is a pair of Coventry Five-Tube LRM-5 launchers that allow the Hammer to rain destruction down on a target at up to 630 meters. These launchers are supplied with a ton of ammo each and both are augmented with an Artemis IV fire control system for greater accuracy. For close combat the 'Mech carries three Martell Medium Lasers.
- Called the Claw-Hammer, the 3C is built to make the Hammer capable of better defending itself when an enemy closes on the battlefield. This is done by removing one of the LRM launchers and replacing it with four additional Medium Lasers, which gives the Hammer the ability to attack the enemy with an overwhelming laser barrage at close ranges. This variant also works well as a bodyguard 'Mech in a lance of Hammer 'Mechs. BV (1.0) = 834, BV (2.0) = 976
- Also called the Pein-Hammer, the 3P is an extensive modification of the Hammer. The entire arsenal has been removed from the 'Mech. The 'Mech is armed with a short-range assortment of weapons making it an excellent brawler. The primary weapons are a pair of Streak SRM-4 launchers. These are backed up by two ER Medium Lasers and two Small Pulse Lasers which provide the 'Mech with excellent close range protection. BV (1.0) = 736, BV (2.0) = 827
- The 3S is commonly called the Slammer. The 'Mech looks to increase the longevity of the Hammer on the battlefield as a fire support 'Mech. This is done by removing two of the Medium Lasers and replacing them with two more tons of ammunition. The 'Mech can fire a sustained barrage of LRM fire for up to eight minutes. BV (1.0) = 528, BV (2.0) = 638
- MUL online date for the Hammer (BattleMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 19
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 16-17, "Hammer 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 18
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 44
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 20
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 21