Hanse Davion (Individual Avalon-class WarShip)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
The Avalon-class cruiser FCS Hanse Davion was under construction in 3061 and was expected to become the seventh Avalon in service, with a predicted launch date of 3065. The outbreak of the FedCom Civil War in 3062 caused a number of ships under construction to be rushed into service early, and one of those ships was the Hanse Davion, which fought for the Loyalist cause.
Duke George Hasek of the Capellan March maintained a façade of neutrality during the early years of the FedCom Civil War, motivated primarily as he was by acting in the best interest of the Capellan March above all else, while covertly acting against Archon Katherine Steiner, who he had come to view as a despot during her time on the throne. When Duke Hasek's refusal to support either the Archon or Victor Steiner-Davion became public, Archon Steiner responded by ordering an attack on New Syrtis.
The Loyalist forces dispatched to attack New Syrtis were escorted by the FCS Hanse Davion and consisted of the Eleventh Avalon Hussars, Fourth Donegal Guards and the Ridgebrook CMM. The Loyalists hoped to persuade the Vanguard Legion mercenary unit to defect to their cause, giving them a numerical edge over the defending Eighth Syrtis Fusiliers, Davion Light Guards and New Syrtis CMM; arriving on the 27th of October 3065, the Loyalist attempt to suborn the Vanguard Legion was robustly rejected, and the FCS Hanse Davion was soon locked in combat with the Covenant-class cruiser FCS Covenant. The resulting battle saw both WarShips destroyed.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, pp. 24-25, "AFFS WarShip Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 124, "WarShips of the AFFS"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 141, "New Syrtis"