Hasek (combat vehicle)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
- This article is about the combat vehicle. For other uses, see Hasek (disambiguation).
|Hasek Mechanized Combat Vehicle|
|Armor||Johnston Duraweave 8000 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 200 Light Fusion|
|Communications System||CommuTech XL|
|Targeting Tracking System||BlazeFire Ranging System Type 5|
Manufactured on New Syrtis by Johnston Industries, the Hasek Mechanized Combat Vehicle entered service just prior to the Victoria War between the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns and was a direct result of the nationalistic fervor sweeping the Federated Suns in the pre-War period. The Hasek offered some upgrades over its immediate predecessor the Goblin, but the main selling point of the vehicle was the name. With the capture of New Syrtis by the Capellan Confederation production of the Hasek ceased, but the Hasek was already widely distributed across the Inner Sphere at that point.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hasek was powered by a GM 200 Light Fusion engine, capable of moving the vehicle at more than eighty kilometers per hour; nine tons of Johnston Duraweave 8000 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protected the hull, and mounted in the turret were two weapon systems, a Johnston Parti-Cannon PPC and a BlazeFire Spreadshot Small Pulse Laser. Two additional heat sinks were installed in the Hasek to allow it to fire both weapons and the Hasek had a reputation for reliability.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 16-17, "Hasek Mechanized Combat Vehicle"
- online date for the Hasek (combat vehicle)
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 179