- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Hawk Moth Gunship|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Armor||1.5 tons StarSlab 5 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Michaelson 60 Internal Combustion|
|Speed||130 flank (8/12) km/h|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2j|
|BV (1.0)|| 735|
The Hawk Moth Gunship is Michaelson Heavy Industries' follow-up to the very well-received Yellow Jacket Gunship. The similarities between the designs allowed Michaelson to develop the Hawk Moth very quickly. A scant one and a half tons of armor protect this VTOL, but this is not seen as a significant problem as the Hawk Moth is quite speedy and stands off at extreme range.
Weapons and Equipment
With the Hawk Moth, the designers responded to the only criticism of the Yellow Jacket; its lack of ammunition. They contracted with Imperator Automatic Weaponry to import the Light Gauss Rifle, who was delighted to showcase what was then a new weapon on a platform so similar to one that had proven itself against the Clans. The light rifle has twice the ammunition of the standard variety and the Hawk Moth carries two tons of this ammo. The incredibly long range of the Gauss gives the Hawk Moth the ability to indiscriminately pepper away at a target, while its speed allows it to stay out of range of its enemies guns.
- This is a Jihad era design variant which has advanced equipment. The Hawk Moth's Internal Combustion Engine is swapped out for a Fuel Cell engine. The Light Gauss and its ammunition are taken out and replaced by a Thunderbolt 15 Missile Launcher with 8 rounds. Finally, the Moth has a Mast Mount on its rotors to increase the craft's ability to keep under cover while spotting. BV (2.0) = 745
- This variant of the Hawk Moth is allegedly used by an assassin known only as "Kafka." It uses a Fuel Cell engine to free up weight but maintain the speed of the standard Hawk Moth. The weaponry has been removed and replaced by a Rotary AC/5 and Machine Gun in a VTOL Chin Turret. A ton of ammunition is available to the RAC/5, while the Machine Gun gets a half ton of ammunition. To compensate for the reduced range of the weapons, the Verwandlung carries two tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 749
In German products the unit's proper name was perfectly translated to Habichtsmotte.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 14-15, "Hawk Moth VTOL Profile"
- MUL online date for the Hawk Moth
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 24
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 28
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 25
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 29
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 30
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 9
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 22