Pintel Heavy Combat ATV
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|PVC-141 Pintel Heavy Combat ATV|
|Use||Infantry combat support vehicle|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Small)|
|Mass||500 kg (.5 tons)|
|Top Speed||64.8 kph|
|Power Plant||Internal Combustion Engine|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/1,052 km|
|Armor||(BAR 2) for 52 kg|
Designed by the Pintel Corporation for the Federated Suns as a personal infantry transport vehicle, the PVC-141 Heavy Combat ATV was created to answer the common infantry troopers' need for a small vehicle which could traverse any terrain, including water. Noted for its over-sized wheels, the Heavy Combat ATV has been used by AFFS motorized infantry units since its introduction.
Weapons & Equipment
The Heavy Combat ATV is unarmed but features a Pintle Mount which can accept a heavy support weapon up to 22kg in weight. The ATV features seating for two and a cargo bay with capacity for 141kg of supplies, Off-road and Tractor Chassis and Control Modifications, a rear hitch for towing a small trailer, and amphibious capabilities. Additionally, the engine is designed to run on just about any type of fuel with no modification necessary.
- Due to the vehicle size and armor capacities, it is considered a support vehicle and not a regular combat vehicle. It is not clear if it was intended to be used as part of motorized infantry formations.
- Other than Handbook: House Davion, as of this writing there are published Record Sheets for this vehicle or additional fluff. The Master Unit List, does list the vehicle but does not have battle value as of this time.
- MUL Profile for Pintel Heavy Combat ATV - Introduction Date only
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 198 - Vehicle background and stats.