Heavy Foot LRM Infantry
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Heavy LRM Infantry|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Foot (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||28 (7/4)|
|Primary Weapon||20 Federated-Barrett M42B Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||8 Corean FarShot LRM Launchers|
|Armor||Standard Ballistic Plate|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (D/X-X-D)|
|Transport Weight||3 tons|
|Ground MP||1 (Move or Shoot)|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hex),|
0 (1-3 Hexes),
+2 (4-6 Hexes),
+4 (7-9 Hexes)
Developed by the Stalwart Support infantry unit, Heavy Foot LRM Infantry were used in combination with TAG Spotter Infantry to frustrate the Word of Blake during their conquest of the world of New Canton. A common tactic was for the Heavy Foot LRM Infantry to take cover in heavy woodland or similar rough terrain, while the TAG Spotter Infantry deployed forward to call in LRM strikes against enemy units. For two years after the Blakists had proclaimed that New Canton had been successfully incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate Colonel Sanders' infantry continued to evade the Blakist forces while inflicting disproportionate levels of damage until they were finally destroyed in 3073.
Each Heavy Foot LRM Infantry platoon carries a mixture of 20 slug-thrower rifles and 8 portable LRM tubes; in the case of the Stalwart Support, a combination of M42B Rifles and Corean FarShot LRM Launchers were the preferred weapons.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 6-7, "Key Infantry"