High-Rez Imager Camera
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
A High-Rez Imager Camera is a piece of satellite imaging equipment. This sophisticated holographic/photographic array is capable of distinguishing objects as small as a meter from orbit, however local weather conditions and darkness can limit its utility. It is used by the military to monitor troop movements and by civilians to monitor weather patterns.
The High-Resolution Imager provides its bonuses only if the target battlefield is in daylight and the local weather is clear, overcast or vacuum. This imager then provides a +1 initiative modifier for the friendly receiving unit’s force as long as the connection is maintained. Furthermore, if the Hi-Res Imager is accessed during the Weapon Attack Phase of the first turn of game play (or prior to the start of play), it also forces the controlling player of any hostile units to roll 2D6 for each hidden unit on the battlefield, revealing the unit on any result of 8+ unless the unit is equipped with active Mimetic Armor, a Chameleon Light Polarization Shield, Void Signature System, or other camouflage. This imager also may not detect units located underwater, within a building, within heavy or ultra-heavy woods, within any jungle hex, within a smoke-filled hex or underground.
- Tactical Operations, p. 339, "High-Resolution (Hi-Res) Imager"