Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Historical Turning Points: Galtor|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ben H. Rome (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Geoff Swift|
|Cover artwork||Matt Heerdt (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||February 1st, 2010|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Series||Historical Turning Points|
The first in the Historical Turning Point series, the PDF web exclusive Historical Turning Points: Galtor revisits The Galtor Campaign scenario pack through the popular Jihad Turning Points format. The ebook contains seven unique Chaos Campaign tracks that players can use to form a campaign arc detailing the Federated Suns desperate defense of the planet from Draconis Combine.
As well as featuring a full color topographical map of world, along with a printable version for use with BattleForce 2, Galtor includes random map tables, as well as suggested optional rules from Tactical Operations. It also has a listing of the units involved in the campaign and suggestions for which random assignment tables to use for each in addition to optional force abilities. Finally, record sheets for three Combat Vehicles and four BattleMech variants are included.
From the back cover
|“|| A Star League Prize!
Hanse Davion, Prince of the Federated Suns, attempted to regain control of the stalemate along his border with House Kurita by leaking the existence of a fake hidden Star League cache on Galtor. Once the Dragon took the bait, House Davion forces would spring their trap. Yet when a real Star League cache is found, all bets are off and Davion forces are fighting for their lives, while attempting to secure the ancient ruins that could hold ancient treasures!
Historical Turning Points: Galtor extracts the sourcebook details from the classic Galtor Campaign scenario book and represents it in the phenomenally successful Jihad Turning Points PDF exclusive format. Return to an earlier time in BattleTech history, when centuries of Succession Wars have honed an animosity to a razor’s edge between the Great Houses of Davion and Kurita!
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even create their own scenarios. This PDF exclusive includes a detailed map of the world of Galtor, a run down of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players’ imaginations are the limits.
- "In the Deep" (Short Story)
- Map of Galtor III
- Description of Galtor III
- Draconis March Militia (Federated Suns)
- 33rd Avalon Hussars (Federated Suns)
- 4th Crucis Lancers (Federated Suns)
- Alpha Regiment, 12th Vegan Rangers (Mercenary - Federated Suns)
- 782nd Davion Guards Auxiliary (Federated Suns)
- Lone Wolves (Mercenary - Federated Suns)
- Galtor Irregulars (Federated Suns)
- Benjamin Regulars (Draconis Combine)
- Galedon Regulars (Draconis Combine)
- Amphigean Light Assault Group (Draconis Combine)
- Kismet Battalion, 7th Sword of Light (Draconis Combine)
- Enemies Below
- Never Surrender
- Galtorian Nights
- Hopelessly Outmatched
- In The Bear's Den
- Dahar No More
- Stand of Defiance
- Record Sheets
- Koryu Submarine (Civilian)
- Koryu Submarine (Military)
- Neptune Submarine (Hunter-Killer)
- DRG-2Y Dragon Yoriyoshi
- AS7-WGS Atlas Samsonov
- TDR-5S-T Thunderbolt Tallman
- MAD-SD Marauder Douglass
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of Galtor III
Unlike other sourcebooks, Historical Turning Points: Galtor lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.