Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Strana Mechty at (0, 0)
Zara nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-78.675 : 1799.056[e]|
Homer is a Clan star system found in the Kerensky Cluster.
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Homer II
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Military Deployment
- 2.3 Geography
- 2.4 Planetary Locations
- 2.5 Industrial Centers
- 2.6 Map Gallery
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 Notes
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
- 2571 - Unknown Planet 
- 2750 - Unknown Planet 
- 2821 - Unknown Planet 
- 2839 - Clan Cloud Cobra
- 3025 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3030 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3040 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3052 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 80%, Clan Smoke Jaguar - 5%, Clan Steel Viper - 15% 
- 3057 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3061 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Steel Viper / Clan Snow Raven
- 3062 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Steel Viper
- c. 3065 - Clan Cloud Cobra / Clan Star Adder
- 3067 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 85%, Clan Star Adder - 15%
- 3075 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 100%
- 3085 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 70%, Clan Coyote - 30%
World Map of Homer
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
Settlement and the World's original name
The world was originally settled in 2839, by settlers from Clan Cloud Cobra. These early first settlers had named this world Zara. Clan Blood Spirit also possessed early colonies on Zara, but could not keep them. In 2850, Clan Jade Falcon forces fought a Trial of Possession for the world, during this Trial Cloud Cobra Khan, Homer Telinov was killed. His death spurred the remaining Cobra forces to defeat the Falcons for control of the planet and named it after the fallen Khan.
Other Clans and Conflicts in the 31st Century
For much of its history, Clan Cloud Cobra was careful to not let other Clans colonize outside the Caulder landmass, for instance on the mini-continent of Bagrain. The Clan Smoke Jaguar was one of the early Clans that were allowed to settle this region with Clan Steel Viper. During the Hellion's Fury campaign of 3050 Homer was targeted by Clan Ice Hellion. They landed a Cluster and challenged the Cloud Cobras for six months of production of El Ghaza's primary OmniFighter factory. The Cobras were defeated and the Hellions won the Trial.
This remained the norm until the Jaguars were annihilated by the Inner Sphere's Great Refusal on Strana Mechty. The destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar in 3060 caused Steel Vipers to attempt to seize the Jaguar enclave and their military outpost Firebase Hermes. However Cobras Khan Din Steiner dispatched forces and repulsed the Vipers from attempting taking the former Jaguar territory, and offered it to the Snow Ravens.
In mid-January 3062 the Steel Viper Touman had returned from the Inner Sphere after losing their Occupation Zone in their war with the Jade Falcons. The Vipers took out their frustrations on Homer and ousted the Snow Ravens from the planet's former Jaguar holdings. The Vipers then threatened to conquer the rest of the planet for themselves. This caused Cloud Cobra Khan Steiner to mount a strong defense of the capital which intimidated the Vipers from making any further incursions into Homer's interior.
The Wars of Reaving
In the wake of the Annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar by the Second Star League, the Homeworld Clans set off on a series of Wars of Possession for former Jaguar holdings, including the Trial of Abjuration of Clan Nova Cat and Inner Sphere operations and migrations of Clans Ghost Bear, Hell's Horses, and Steel Viper. Clan Star Adder did not strike immediately during these few years of increased military activity, instead focusing on integrating with its Absorbed Clan Burrock abtakha, and allowing other Clans to weaken through the internecine fighting. However, the Adders were not idle. In order to gain favor with their former-Burrock element, the Adders began Trials of Possession directed against Clan Burrock's long-time rivals, Clan Blood Spirit, beginning in early 3063. Perceiving weakness in other Clans and their Blood Spirit Trials sufficiently limited, the Star Adders took three colonies from 3065 to 3067, the Clan Wolf enclave on Hoard (along with Clan Ice Hellion's holdings), the Clan Jade Falcon enclaves on Huntress and Marshall, and the Clan Steel Viper holdings on Homer.
The Homer Trial appears to be the most significant. The Trial may have been precipitated by public disagreements between Khans Stanislov N'Buta of Clan Star Adder and Perigard Zalman of Clan Steel Viper on the floor of the Clan Grand Council. In addition, the Adders' assault may have served as some form of mediation, even peacemaker, between increasing tension between Clans Cloud Cobra and Steel Viper. Close contact between Clans Cloud Cobra, Star Adder, and Steel Viper during the operation may have facilitated contact and formation of the "Snake Alliance". For several years following Homer, the Cobras, Adders, and Vipers focused their Trials of Possession against targets outside the three Clans.
Likely protected by the Snake Alliance or undiscovered Society cells within the Adder enclave, Homer remained relatively stable until 3072. Homer even remained one of only seven systems with active HPG communications through the summer of 3072. However in June, Clans Cloud Cobra and Goliath Scorpion moved against Huntress, provoking retaliation by Clan Coyote and The Society. Losing their Huntress assets to the Cobras and Scorpions, the Society appeared to release a strain of Dagdan brain fever, which killed everyone descended from the Morales, Beckett, and Eaker Bloodhouses. Homer suffered the largest number of casualties to the brain fever, with more than 8,000 dead in the city of Troy alone. The Society cells on Homer were subsequently discovered and purged by Hannibal Banacek.
- Cobra Temple Keshik (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- Beta Naval Reserve (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 33rd Battle Cluster (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 149th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 214th Cobra Fang (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 243rd Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 59th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 254th Cobra Guards (Clan Cloud Cobra)
- 1st Raven Phalanx (Clan Snow Raven)
- 6th Raven Battle (Clan Snow Raven)
- 5th Raven Wing (Clan Snow Raven)
- 14th Viper Regulars (Clan Steel Viper)
The planet is noted for its rich mineral deposits and slight heavy gravity.
The planet Homer has low-water table, but largest bodies of water have toxic taints. The planet is dominated by large landmasses, named Caulder and Fortune. These supercontinents are further broken down by five pseudo-continents, mountain ranges, and four landlocked seas. The world has few rivers which draw water from both seas and underground lakes.
Massive water processing plants dominate the landscape, to support cities and their agricultural settlements on the planet.
|Closest 20 systems (4 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- According to a blog posting by author Blaine Lee Pardoe, back when he created the first map of Clan space (for the 1991 Wolf Clan Sourcebook) he named the Homer system after a small town in Michigan.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, "Homer", p. 107
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 5
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, "Clan Steel Viper: Possessions", p. 95
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, "Clan Snow Raven: Possessions", p. 91
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 21, "Rising Viper"
- The Wars of Reaving, pp. 15-16
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 22, "Crashing Home"
- Field Manual Updates, "Clan Political Balance Table", p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3067", p. 228
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3075", p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, "Political Balance Table, 3085", p. 249
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 22, "... As the conflicts grew fiercer, the Blood Spirits were forced off two worlds in the Kerensky Cluster: Albion and [Zara]. ..." The reference refers to Zara as "Homer", and is unclear the exact date of the eviction.
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 36
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 24, "Revenge Diet"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, pp. 26-28, "Wars of Possession"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 73
- Field Manual: Updates, pp. 66-67
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 109, "Communication Breakdown"
- The Wars of Reaving, pp. 100-101, "The Fall of Szabo"
- The Wars of Reaving, pp. 183-184, "Hannibal Banacek"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 161- "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 166 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 178