Hunter's Paradise nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-599.964 : 133.613[e]|
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Independent world 
- 2764 - Independent world 
- 2765 - Independent world 
- 2822 - Independent world 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3059 - Independent world 
- 3063 - Independent world 
- 3067 - Independent world 
- 3075 - Independent world 
- 3081 - Independent world 
- 3085 - Independent world 
- 3099 - Rim Collection 
- 3135 - Rim Collection 
- 3145 - Rim Collection 
- 3148 - Timbuktu Collective (from June)
- 3151 - Timbuktu Collective 
Hunter's Paradise is an isolated Periphery world located approximately 110 light years anti-spinward of the Rim Collection. Though devoid of mineral resources, the planet is home to a great diversity of predatory wildlife, attracting dangerous game hunters and thrill-seekers.
Hunter's Paradise is a unique Star League relic. While searching for mining prospects, an exploration vessel discovered a world largely devoid of mineral resources, but teeming with predatory animals, some able to overwhelm a BattleMech. With beautiful skies and fresh air, the planet became a successful destination for well-equipped big game hunters and wealthy game keepers. Visitors to the world arrived in orbit around the planet, where DropShips would ferry customers to the surface; surface settlements were short-lived and impractical.
Hunter's Paradise prospered for several decades. However, business diminished when trouble began in the Periphery. Ultimately the resort closed shortly after the collapse of the Star League, and the space station was abandoned and forgotten.
Rim Collection scouts rediscovered Hunter's Paradise and its abandoned jump station in the mid-thirty-first century. President James Moroney attempted to restore the resort and colony, but without outside backing, the Rim Collection lacked the means; Hunter's Paradise resumed exporting dangerous game only, primarily to the Lyran Alliance.
The Dark Age
The nearby Rim Collection formally claimed Hunter's Paradise in 3099, backing that claim up with a company from Able's Aces. The Collection invested heavily in Hunter's Paradise, constructing a recharge station at the zenith jump point and settling the nearby system of Able's Glory to provide a base for servicing transitting JumpShips and providing security for travelling researchers. These measures plunged the Collection deeply into debt, prompting the worlds of Caldarium and Slewis to secede from the Collection, but proved to be an economic boon in the longer term.
The foundation for the common HCL-1M Heavy Lifter MOD was laid on Hunter's Paradise. Local hunting guide John Langston designed a custom MOD in 3128 to protect clients, one studied by Achernar IndustrialMechs staff before their production of the HCL-1M.
|Closest 20 systems (2 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. Vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. vii, "Maps of the Periphery - "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Rim Collection & Circinus Federation Map - "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere -  Map
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 187, "Rim Collection"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere Map -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 48, "Timbuktu Collective, Florida TTM Formed"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 102, "Inner Sphere - 3151"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook), p. 93, "Hunter's Paradise"
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 46, "Heavy Lifter CargoMech MOD"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition
- Shattered Fortress
- Technical Readout: Irregulars