- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
- This article is about the world. For the (apocryphal) BattleMech and other uses, see Huntress (BattleMech) and Huntress (disambiguation).
Huntress nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||49.223 : 1757.87[e]|
|Highest native life||Birds|
- 3052 - Clan Smoke Jaguar - 98%, Clan Jade Falcon - 2% 
Huntress was the homeworld to Clan Smoke Jaguar and is located within the Kerensky Cluster. The planet boasts two continents, Jaguar Prime and Abysmal as well as two polar ice caps. Jaguar Prime is the larger and more hospitable of the two land masses and is the primary center of the planet's population. Abysmal is a smaller landmass with a harsh, desert climate. Abysmal is only periodically utilized for training purposes by the Smoke Jaguars. Prime's geography on the other hand is not uniform and varies from plains, patches of desert, and rainforests which often pose as harsh contrasts to each other. A host of mountains break up the continent, most notably the Jaguar's Fangs range (which includes Mt. Szabo) and the aptly-named Eastern Mountains. Bodies of water like the Black Shikari River, named after its uncharacteristically dark waters, Liberation Sea, and the expansive fens of the Dhuan Swamp also stretch across the landscape. Prime's climate ranges from temperate to tropical and is characterized by ubiquitous, grey clouds and occasional, fierce storms. Huntress also has a single moon, named 'Sentry'. The distance from the system's star to Huntress is roughly seven days at a standard 1G burn.
Lootera is Huntress's capital and largest city. The city, like Jaguar Prime, is a series of contrasts with drab, featureless buildings standing in proximity to monolithic memorials to Smoke Jaguar heroes and the clan's proud, warrior tradition. Lootera is home to the Smoke Jaguar military command on planet, including a garrison of solahma warriors and a few training fields. It is also the site of the Smoke Jaguar Gene Center which houses the genetic legacies of the legendary Howell and Osis bloodlines (though it was also revealed that Smoke Jaguar scientists had secretly acquired copies of the giftakes of heroes from other Clans, like Aidan Pryde). This pyramidal structure also houses an eternal laser which constantly burns upwards in honor of Jaguar warriors who perished serving their clan. The Field of Heroes, a pavilion of stone-sculpted BattleMechs, stretches before the genetic repository as well. Mt. Szabo looms in the distance where a leaping Smoke Jaguar has been carved in its side in a monumental display of hubris. The mountain is also home to a subterranean military complex, complete with a rare and deadly Reagan anti-ship battery.
The cities of Bagera, Myer, Pahn City, and New Andery comprise the Smoke Jaguars' other major centers of population, industry, and military presence on planet. Falcon Eyrie is a unique exception, belonging to Clan Jade Falcon. Located in the remote Eastern Mountains, the small garrison facility was gifted to the Jade Falcon clan years ago as a gesture of goodwill by Ilkhan Leo Showers. It has since been staffed by a small contingent of warriors (almost exclusively solahma) and scientists and has been used as a site for secret military and genetic research. The facility is purely symbolic and the Jade Falcons do not seek to expand their territorial holdings on the Smoke Jaguar homeworld. However, the Falcons presence has proven to be a source of periodic tension between either clan.
The Inner Sphere with a combination of Operations BULLDOG and SERPENT annihilated the Smoke Jaguar Clan and seized their Homeworld. This included the systematic destruction of every war-making industry, military base, and any monuments to the achievements of the Smoke Jaguar Clan. After the Great Refusal was won, the Inner Sphere held the Homeworld as a permanent outpost in Clan Space, where a Star League ambassador was stationed. 
Wars of Possession
Several Clans raided the planet[when?], with the goal to obtain ProtoMech technology; only five were able to achieve those goals: the first, Clan Goliath Scorpion, took the 'Mech factory on the continent of Abysmal, keeping it until 3067. Clan Jade Falcon took control of half the continent of Jaguar Prime, including the cities of New Andery and Bagera; Clan Fire Mandrill's Kindraa Mattila-Carrol took Pahn City and its environs. Clan Star Adder won the nearby city of Myers and Clan Ice Hellion gained the Warrior Path peninsula, and other areas from Clan Coyote.
- Abysmal (continent)
- Dhundh Sea
- Jaguar Prime (continent)
- Bagera: A mining town where the Bagera Training Facility was located
- Black Shikari River
- Falcon's Eyrie: Small Jade Falcon base in the mountains.
- Lake Osis
- Lootera: capital city
- Technician's Quarter
- Warrior Quarter
- Mount Szabo
- Hall of the Hunter: Command post buried inside the mountain.
- Myer: a city that was one of the major centers of population, industry, and military presence on planet outside Lootera.
- New Andery: city
- Pahn: a city that was one of the major centers of population, industry, and military presence on planet outside Lootera.
- Abysmal Manufacturing Complex
- Huntress Manufacturing Plant DL-6 - Destroyed
- Huntress Production Facility Epsilon
- Lootera Spaceworks
- Phan Industrial Complex
|Closest 20 systems (7 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Sword and Fire, ch. 11
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- Prince of Havoc, p. 135-152
- Wars of Reaving, p. 248, "Political Balance Table: 3075"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 27
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 57
- Twilight of the Clans, p. 58
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 164 - "Warden Clans Deployment Table"