Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle 20
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle 20|
|Year Availability||3068 CHH|
|Ammo Per Ton||6|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||30,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 267 |
The Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle is a variation on the Gauss Rifle developed by Clan Hell's Horses in 3068. Hoping to stay ahead of the increasing technological curve, they apparently used similar design principles to the Lyran Alliance's Heavy Gauss Rifle. To compensate for its drawbacks, however, Horse scientists used a series of capacitors and launching tubes to fire a multitude of smaller-caliber Gauss slugs. The resulting high rate of fire, akin almost to Rotary Autocannons, made these weapons very effective against battle armor and Combat Vehicles.
The HAG 20 is the smallest and lightest of the HAG series.
Unlike some other weapons using cluster munitions, there is no modifier on the initial attack roll. However, when a hit is scored, a Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle receives a +2 modifier at short range and a –2 modifier at long range on the Cluster Hits table. Modified rolls above 12 or below 2 are treated as a 12 or 2 respectively. Damage location is then determined in 5-point groups plus any remainder below 5 being the final roll.
- TechManual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 219, "Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle"
- Total Warfare, p. 136, "Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle"