RISC Hyper Laser
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|RISC Hyper Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Year Availability||3134 (Prototype)|
|Ammo Per Ton||n/a|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||n/a|
The RISC Hyper Laser is an experimental heavy laser derived from the Clan's Improved Heavy Laser family. It's very prone to explosion, thus the project involving Hyper Laser is being considered to be cancelled.
Hyper Lasers are the ultimate development in heavy laser technology, but it was constructed by the RISC engineers, instead of the Clans. Thanks to pushing the limits in laser shielding and plasma lasing chemistry, the Hyper Laser is a very destructive and extreme range weapon, but the immense thermal and physical stress make this weapon very prone to explosive malfunction.
This flaw showed up during one of the "false flag" operations in Mad Cat Mk IV's equipped with Hyper Lasers, where weapons explosions turned the tide of battle against that 'Mech and likely, could contribute to cancellation of the weapons project.