IX Corps (Star League)
- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Nickname||"Centerfield Nine" (Federated Suns), “Urameshii Fukei,” or “Hateful Guardians” (Draconis Combine)|
|Parent Command||Second Army|
In 2764, IX Corps was part of the Second Army, assigned to the Federated Suns Military Region. Stationed along the border between the Federated Suns and Draconis Combine, the Ninth Corps had been heavily involved in pirate hunting and bandit suppression operations in their area of responsibility. As a result, they were one of the most skilled units in the Second Army. The Ninth Corps was headquartered on Schedar, and their divisions frequently rotated through the SLDF logistical centers at Mirach, Schedar, and Elbar, so they were able to quickly resupply and rearm. In addition, the Ninth Corps ordered its component Divisions to use machines that could accept parts from the Federated Suns. This allowed the units to draw on local sources for supply, and increased the local economy as well.
However, in 2765 an uprising occurred in the Periphery, requiring the corps' repositioning to fill in gaps left by other units sent to fight. IX Corps's units were redeployed to the Second District, taking the place of Third Army units. However, the uprising had been secretly orchestrated by Stefan Amaris to accomplish his takeover of the Terran Hegemony.
IX Corps would take part in Aleksandr Kerensky's campaign to retake the Hegemony from Amaris, but in the process suffered heavy fighting. Only three units would survive to join Kerensky in Operation Exodus.
|Commanding Officers of the IX Corps (Star League)|
|Major General||Tatyana Verschaffelt||2755 - 2764|
- Independent Regiments
- The Star League, p. 150: "Second Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, pp. 48–49: "IX Corps"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 48
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 49