|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Corean Model 1AA|
|Communications System||Basix 100|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean Calcmaster|
|Heat Sinks||10 single|
|Jump Jets||Icarus 81|
The Icarus II was the first homegrown BattleMech design to be mass produced by the Free Worlds League, though it was actually the third League 'Mech, after the prototype Icarus and the Hector. In 2518, once Corean Enterprises was comfortable with the technology, they went back to the Icarus and upgraded it with jump jets, and felt that it was a substantial enough change that it required adding "II" to the moniker. The last factory producing the Icarus II was destroyed during the First Succession War, but despite that a handful survived the Succession Wars.
Weapons and Equipment
The Icarus II was originally designed as a speedy striker to complement the Mackie and combat vehicles with a similar speed profile. Though 64 km/h may not sound fast, in the twenty-fifth century it was, especially with jump jets that allowed it to leap up to 120 meters. Seven and a half tons of armor was deemed adequate for the job.
The primary armament of the Icarus II is an Imperator-B AC/10. Though heavy for a medium 'Mech, the autocannon has a good range profile and deals significant damage. It is backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics Type 2 medium lasers and a single Diverse Optics Type 10 small laser.
- The original prototype Icarus was developed at the Happen Military Reservation on Xanthe III in 2466, and was first deployed on Alula Australis in 2469. Its premiere date in official documents is listed as 2470. The prototype used primitive equipment and lacked jump jets, and was armed with a large laser to complement the small laser, and was backed up by SRM-2s and twin machine guns which could prove devastating to conventional troops. Only six of these were ever produced and they are all long gone.  The primitive engine drove it to a maximum of 64 km/h, while 10.5 tons of primitive armor provided basic protection. BV (2.0) = 700
- The 2S is an upgraded design produced in very limited quantities by Gilmour Militech. The small manufacturing concern resurrected the design in 3073. It is built on an endo steel chassis and uses and XL engine to reach a top speed of 86 km/h, and an extra jump jet allows it to reach 150 meters per leap. The AC/10 is upgraded to an LB-X AC/10, and the two medium lasers have been upgraded to a medium pulse laser. An extra single heat sink keeps heat in check and extra armor keeps the fragile engine safe. Gilmour Militech produces a mere three of these 'Mechs per year.  BV (2.0) = 986
- This version is used by The Republic of the Sphere. It replaces the AC/10, medium lasers, and small laser of the original for two TSEMP Cannons mounted in arms that have been updated to include an actuator enhancement system. It also carries a TAG system, but lacks strong backup weaponry.
The ICR-1S Icarus variant is subject to the following Design Quirk:
The ICR-1X Icarus variant is subject to the following Design Quirks:
Original Icarus II from TRO:3075
Experimental ICR-1X Icarus from XTRO:Primitives II
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: Succession Wars, pp. 60–61. Article is missing from table of contents and has no header
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 260-261, "Icarus II Profile"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 248
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 168
- ↑ The Spider Dances
- ↑ A Dish Served Cold
- ↑ TechManual, p. 14
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 4
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 249
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 250
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 169
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 92 BattleMech Quirk Table - Icarus Entry.