Improved Ferro-Aluminum Armor
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor is an armor type used on WarShips, JumpShips, and DropShips . Due to the sheer size of DropShips, WarShips, and JumpShips, standard armor may require too much mass, restricting weapons or cargo carrying capability. The Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor adds more protection per ton, but is both more expensive and bulkier than standard Ferro-Aluminum armor. As such, it cannot be used on anything smaller than a DropShip, but its cost typically restricts its use to WarShips or JumpShips.
Improved Ferro-Aluminum armor served as the basis for Ferro-Carbide armor used on some WarShips.
- AeroTech 2, p. 46, "Aerospace Armor Table"