Improved Narc Missile Beacon
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Improved NARC Missile Beacon|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3062 Wob|
|Ammo Per Ton||4|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||7,500 (homing)|
|BV (2.0)|| 75 (launcher) |
The Improved Narc Beacon or iNarc is an upgraded version of the original Narc Missile Beacon.
While the original Narc system provided a superior homing ability for SRM and LRMs, it proved too unpopular compared to its main competitor, the Artemis IV, due to the launcher's short range. Artemis equipped LRMs have double the range of a Narc pod, requiring either a dedicated spotter to close and tag enemies with Narc pods or for the launching 'Mech to close, tag and pull back to fire, a less than ideal arrangement.
The product of one of the many fields ComStar scientists investigated to overcome the Clans' technological advances, the Improved Narc launcher took ten years of development. The most obvious improvement is that the larger iNarc launcher has double the range of the original.
- Homing Pod - The larger iNarc version offering superior homing ability.
- Explosive Pod - The larger iNarc version packing more explosives.
- ECM Pod - Effectively a localized ECM cloud attached to the target.
- Haywire Pod - A specialized ECM pod which disrupts the targeting systems of the 'Mech it's attached to.
- Nemesis Pod - A devious pod which attracts both friendly and enemy missiles towards it.
The one disadvantage of the iNarc system is the larger size of the pods. While this allows them a longer range and space for superior abilities, this has the unfortunate side-effect of making them easier for a targeted BattleMech or the crew of a targeted Combat Vehicle to shake or brush the pods off.
The Improved Narc Missile Beacon is manufactured on the following planets:
|Series II Pragma||Quentin||Independence Weaponry||TSN- 1C Tessen|||
|Octagon Siren||Calloway VI/Keystone||Earthwerks Incorporated||Bardiche Heavy Strike Tank|||
- TechManual, pp. 232-233, "Improved Narc Launcher"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, pp. 150-151, "Improved Narc Launcher"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 68, "TSN-1C Tessen"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 18-19, "Bardiche Heavy Strike Tank"